Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 27th Aug 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have scored nine goals in three games and Haaland is averaging a goal a game and a couple of assists , i can only see the players improving the understanding of playing with a centre forward over the next few games , Palace have a knack of getting a result on occasions but if Walker looks after Zaha when Palace are trying to score in transisition their threat will be virtually nullified.
A narrow 1-0 or 2-1win will suffice and rack a few goals up against Forest if we can get eight points clear of Liverpool who have a tricky home game against the Geordies next week expect the Dippers to start claiming they are concentrating on their seventh european trophy because "it means more"

Over the last few games we are not closing down enough. Alveraz needs to start on the right.
It might help walker as walker has changed his style of play recently (copying Virgil Van Dyke and standing off the opponent or waiting for the opponent to kick the ball before he starts running, perhaps overconfident in his ability to win the foot race) and does not fill with confidence.

Be interesting how we line up tomorrow against another quick counter attacking team. If he plays Walker in midfield again it’s extreme stubbornness from the great man. Would it be because we’ve now got a world class striker? We played Palace late on last season with a striker and didn’t concede. We didn’t score either but more because our striker in that game wasn’t a very good one.
Pep regards Haaland as a pure CF therefore unable to drop deeper and bolster the middle of the pitch as a false 9 would. Therefore he puts the FBs into midfield to (hopefully) give us superiority of numbers there. As we saw last Sunday it leaves us vulnerable down the flanks with wide open spaces there for opponents to exploit.

I think we will win and that Haaland will score more than one. If Grealish is not fit, then I would love to see Alvarez play on the right with Phil on the left. Come on you Blues.

This will be a difficult test. They are a bit of a bogey side for us, they have 2 wins at ours in recent seasons which is probably more than any other club. Vieira has never lost to City as a player or a manager.

The key problem for us is that they are well set up to play us. They have real pace on the counter, some excellent skilful players like Ezra and Olise, defensively solid and in Zaha, a player who always causes us problems. We can’t afford to be as open as we were last Sunday.

It’s one of those matches we need to start well and force them to play. They will try and catch us early and shut up shop. We can’t afford to be casual on the ball as turning over the ball leads to counters.

That said if we play well, we’ll win, so it’s in our hands.

Pep regards Haaland as a pure CF therefore unable to drop deeper and bolster the middle of the pitch as a false 9 would. Therefore he puts the FBs into midfield to (hopefully) give us superiority of numbers there. As we saw last Sunday it leaves us vulnerable down the flanks with wide open spaces there for opponents to exploit.
Correct. My point was there were games last season where forget the constant false 9 bollocks the media harped on about someone played as a striker. A clear example of that was Palace away.

I think the problem last week against Newcastle was losing the ball in areas that left us exposed to the counter attack. Partly because Newcastle were not afraid to challenge us on the halfway line. That left players out of position and our centre backs having to cover the full back areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.