Crystal Palace Manager claims they have the 'HARDEST' draw!!

DTeacher

Team supported
The best team in the land and all the WORLD
Yeah, ok.....hahahahahahahahahaha.

I half want us to beat them 10-0 now in the final (providing we get past the Scousers and they beat Cardiff).

Here's the link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01122011/63/toughest-draw-palace-freedman.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01122011/ ... edman.html</a>

This is what it says:

Toughest draw for Palace - Freedman.

Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman feels his side got the toughest draw in the Carling Cup semi-finals - despite dodging Premier League giants Manchester City and Liverpool.

Palace, who stunned Manchester United 2-1 at Old Trafford on Wednesday night, have instead been paired with Cardiff meaning a Championship team will be in the final for the first time in 11 years.

But Freedman said: "It is going to be difficult because we've played against Cardiff and got beaten. I've also had the pleasure of seeing them a few times and they are a very good side.

"It's probably the hardest draw, to be honest. They are up at the top of the Championship and it is going to be very difficult for us.

"But I am just proud of the lads, to get through to the semi-finals from where we have come from in the last couple of years - relegation zones and administration. We will approach that when it comes along."

Great draw for Cardiff and Crystal Palace, It couldn't of worked out any better for them, One of them will be playing in a league cup final at Wembley.

To be honest am glad a lower league club is getting to a final, Credit were it's due they deserve to be there, The fans wait a long time for an occasion like this, Top day out, Just hope it's us that get to play one of them!

SWPISHOME said:
Great draw for Cardiff and Crystal Palace, It couldn't of worked out any better for them, One of them will be playing in a league cup final at Wembley.

To be honest am glad a lower league club is getting to a final, Credit were it's due they deserve to be there, The fans wait a long time for an occasion like this, Top day out, Just hope it's us that get to play one of them!

Yeah, that's fair enough and I have no issues with what you say whatsoever.

Just found it hilarious (and a bit cheeky) that Freedman could say that they had the hardest draw, simply because Cardiff are doing well in their division. Is he unaware of who is top of the Premiership?

Personally, I would rather have played Liverpool in the Final as my brother supports them (long story, but basically he was their Club Doctor for the crowd about 8 years ago etc etc) but you make a decent point about supporters of the lower league teams.

DTeacher said:
SWPISHOME said:

Yeah, that's fair enough and I have no issues with what you say whatsoever.

Just found it hilarious (and a bit cheeky) that Freedman could say that they had the hardest draw, simply because Cardiff are doing well in their division. Is he unaware of who is top of the Premiership?

Personally, I would rather have played Liverpool in the Final as my brother supports them (long story, but basically he was their Club Doctor for the crowd about 8 years ago etc etc) but you make a decent point about supporters of the lower league teams.

Freedman knows he got the best draw possible, I think he is trying to put the pressure on Cardiff going into the game making Palace the massive underdogs, It will be a cracking game to Championship clubs in a Semi-Final of the League Cup, No love lost there!

Yeah I wanted Liverpool in the Final too, But I knew it was going to be Liverpool when the draw was been made, I think yourself and your brother may keep out of contact for the month of January ;)

SWPISHOME said:
Freedman knows he got the best draw possible, I think he is trying to put the pressure on Cardiff going into the game making Palace the massive underdogs, It will be a cracking game to Championship clubs in a Semi-Final of the League Cup, No love lost there!

Yeah I wanted Liverpool in the Final too, But I knew it was going to be Liverpool when the draw was been made, I think yourself and your brother may keep out of contact for the month of January ;)

Good point about putting pressure on Cardiff.

Thankfully, I'm close to my brother and he has a HUGE soft spot for City as well. He supports us against every other team bar Liverpool and is one of very few rival fans who want us to win the Premiership. We play 5-a-side every Wednesday too, so can't really avoid each other, but there will definitely be some banter in January no doubt!

I was under the impression Freeman said that as he believes it would be easier for them as underdogs??

All Freeman is doing is taking the pressure off himself. That way if they lose he doesn't look a right tit because he has stated that it will be very hard.

Well had they drawn a Premier League side they'd have been underdogs and could have really attacked them with no pressure. Now they've drawn someone in their own league they'll have to approach it a completely different way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.