Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
London_CPFC said:
alanblue said:
If we can't beat palace we don't deserve to win the league. I mean palace, come on

LMFAO

dont look outside of your own bubble

Ignore him, he's got previous........the sane ones know it will be a very tough game.

London_CPFC said:
alanblue said:
If we can't beat palace we don't deserve to win the league. I mean palace, come on

LMFAO

dont look outside of your own bubble

It's an unfortunate trend on here to disregard the form of other teams and say we'll beat everyone, even though we drop points away at an unusual % of bottom half teams.

Or in this case, our recent away form against Tony Pulis. In the last half decade, I think it's just the one away win against Stoke in the FA Cup last season.

If Chelsea get a win though, I think the motivation may get us a win. If Chelsea don't, I can see this following the all too familiar script of City being frustrated on the road against a fired up team.

hart

zabba-kompany-mdm-kolarov

gercia-fernandinho

nasri-yaya-jovetic

aguero

we need to win it doesn't matter the score at the pool vs chavs(chavs win i hope) 2-1 win !!!

alanblue said:

Enough of this nonsense. They're on of the form sides in the league, ad they'll be looking to put a show on for the fans/stake their claim for a 1st team place next season. It's gonna be tough.

LoveCity said:
It's an unfortunate trend on here to disregard the form of other teams and say we'll beat everyone, even though we drop points away at an unusual % of bottom half teams.

Drawing at Norwich has been our only bad away result in 6 months. That suggests to me that our away form is pretty fucking good, aside from only scoring 3 at the swamp

Santiago Street . said:
LoveCity said:

Drawing at Norwich has been our only bad away result in 6 months. That suggests to me that our away form is pretty fucking good, aside from only scoring 3 at the swamp

Our away form against the better teams has never really been a problem. But of the teams placed 10th to 20th, we've dropped points away against 5 of them and beaten 5 - a 50% win rate, with just Palace to play away.

So to write off the form team in the bottom half as "I mean palace, come on" is pretty ignorant based on our performances in this type of game.

And it's Pulis. We never have an easy away game against his teams. Mancini never once beat him away in the league, and we barely scraped past his Palace at the Etihad too and that was with our best chance creator who won't be playing tomorrow.

I'm no Sam and usually expect us to win, but wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we drop points tomorrow. This is the type of game where City have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot for a while. I think a lot could depend on Liverpool vs. Chelsea - the added motivation of a Chelsea win could do it for us.

I'd be a bit more optimistic if we didn't have so much previous of fooking up too many games like this.

I take your point mate and I'm sure we'll be in for a tough game on Sunday but since the Sunderland game which for me was something of a watershed moment we've won 5 out of 6 away against bottom half teams

6 out of 7 if you include the rags :)

Santiago Street . said:
LoveCity said:

Chelsea, Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.