CSKA v Bayern behind closed doors.

SPIDERBOY

As reported by Radio Rome, the challenge of number 2 matchday of the Champions League between CSKA and Bayern Monaco will be played behind closed doors. The penalty has been applied to the Russian club by UEFA following the clashes in the stands at the Olimpico, during the match against Roma. These reaction Bavarian president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "I'm in football for 40 years, but I have never experienced such a thing until now. You can not deprive the football atmosphere and emotion. Except for a handful of executives and journalists, there will be nobody in the stadium. It 'a shame, it really is a pain, no one needs this. sorry, especially for the Bayern fans, some of whom have not lost even a trip in 25 years this part, "reports Bundesligapremier.it.

Wonder what punishment they will hand out to Roma?

SPIDERBOY said:
As reported by Radio Rome, the challenge of number 2 matchday of the Champions League between CSKA and Bayern Monaco will be played behind closed doors. The penalty has been applied to the Russian club by UEFA following the clashes in the stands at the Olimpico, during the match against Roma. These reaction Bavarian president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "I'm in football for 40 years, but I have never experienced such a thing until now. You can not deprive the football atmosphere and emotion. Except for a handful of executives and journalists, there will be nobody in the stadium. It 'a shame, it really is a pain, no one needs this. sorry, especially for the Bayern fans, some of whom have not lost even a trip in 25 years this part, "reports Bundesligapremier.it.

Never heard of 'em!

Loukas said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Never heard of 'em!

It's how plenty countries pronounce "Munich"

so yet again , rummenigge gains an advantage for his club , they play moscow away , with no intimidating atmosphere , i bet the place is rammed full when we go there. What a bent competition this is , just a glorified old pals act , and the usual suspects platini , rummenigge and gill with their noses in the trough.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
so yet again , rummenigge gains an advantage for his club , they play moscow away , with no intimidating atmosphere , i bet the place is rammed full when we go there. What a bent competition this is , just a glorified old pals act , and the usual suspects platini , rummenigge and gill with their noses in the trough.

Atmosphere or no atmosphere Bayern would've hammered them anyway.

And what exactly is the reason this particular game is played to empty stands and not our Moscow away? Genuine question I'd really like answered.

jimmygrimblesboots said:

I do not think the Bayern guys get intimidated by any atmosphere. Some might even function better with it... - and Bayern's away fans are a special crowd that can make a lot of noise, too.

They are not used to playing in front of no fans apart from training sessions. And at Bayern even the training sessions during school holidays a couple of thousand people watch.

ell said:
Why are Bayern fans not allowed in?

Because the UEFA says so. The Bayern fans tried to. They even wanted to show banners during the last CL match - but the UEFA said that Bayern would get fined if the fans do so Bayern asked the fans not to.

Like Rummenigge told - there is fans who have been at every CL away match in the recent 25 years... and it will be the first one they miss.

The Moscow fans behave wrong - and the opponent and its fans are fined that way, too.

I have told that before - when you talk about all that conspiracy theories here in that forum. The Bayern officials since years are in clinch with Uefa...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.