Cup final will be as difficult as today!

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
They may set up similar to Everton but hopefully the size of the Wembley pitch, in comparison to Goodison which is one of the smallest in the league, will be beneficial to us.

It will be more difficult than today, Stoke are not going to let us settle on the ball at all.

We will need to be at the absolute top of our game on Saturday, play anything like 2nd half today and we could well be fucked.

stoke wont have the partizan home crowd that everton had today which made the referee give them everything
we as fans need to learn to make the official worry about giving something against us, everton do it every time
at wembley next week we need to be loud proud and moan at ref all the time

danburge82 said:

If we thought Everton caused us problems, got in our faces, made it difficult, played with great desire, got good balls into the box... Stoke will be just the same next week.

I've got sick to death of seeing the fucking comments from many posters on here, constantly going on as if fourth is sewn up and Stoke aren't worthy of being on the same pitch as us for the final. You people need to wake up. We still aren't as good as many of us think we are and every game will be tough from now until the end of the season so everyone needs to get some realism into their outlooks. Don't expect things to just happen then moan when they don't. Get behind them with some desire instead of this complacent arrogance that's constantly creeping in all the time.

Come on City!

I am awake thanks.

You cant blame people for being so optimistic when the prizes are so tantalisingly close after such a long drought, can you?

You mean the same realism which said we'd lose in the semi-final?

I'm interested to see your reaction to today's result. I was hoping for a City win just to continue the sense of over confidence that seems apparent from MCFC. That will play right into our (Stoke's) hands. Maybe a defeat today will bring a more realistic approach to your approach next Saturday (bugger!)

Just a couple of observations from some of the posts I've seen. The size of Wembley's pitch didn't make much difference to how we played against Bolton (surprisingly). If anything Stoke used the extra width far more productively than Bolton, our two wingers seemed to revel in the extra space they had. Rory only took about three throw-ins, he easily reached the 6 yard box.

Etherington is still touch and go for the final, the intense treatment he's been having seems to be having an effect. He's been doing fitness work with the squad and they'll leave the decision until the last minute.

Apparently Mancini has been bitching about Everton being long ball, long ball, long ball. With the arrival of Matty and Pennant Stoke mix it up much more now, Glen Whelan (one of your cast offs, we thank you!) has really come into form in the last couple of months in central midfiled, we now have a midfielder with a bit of a brain.So perhaps it's best not to simply expect long ball, long ball from us, if he does then Signor Mancini maybe in for a bit of shock.

We're really strong at set pieces as everyone knows but Kenwyne's header at Villa the other week is the only goal from a set piece in the last 18 we've scored.
Subscribe to "we only score from a throw in" at your peril.

The one who worries me is David Silva, how we cope with him will be crucial.

Before the Bolton game I thought it was 50-50 as to who would win, next week I think it's more 60-40 in your favour, we shall see.

May the best team on the day win.

danburge82 said:

If we thought Everton caused us problems, got in our faces, made it difficult, played with great desire, got good balls into the box... Stoke will be just the same next week.

I've got sick to death of seeing the fucking comments from many posters on here, constantly going on as if fourth is sewn up and Stoke aren't worthy of being on the same pitch as us for the final. You people need to wake up. We still aren't as good as many of us think we are and every game will be tough from now until the end of the season so everyone needs to get some realism into their outlooks. Don't expect things to just happen then moan when they don't. Get behind them with some desire instead of this complacent arrogance that's constantly creeping in all the time.

Come on City!

Great post.

The hardest part of the season starts now.

COME ON!

yes it will be a tough game,
but so was the semi.
stoke are always difficult to beat,you have to have skill to pass them out of the game,and we have that skill.
toure and silva were ace.
yes they will be in our faces,but if the city players cant stand up and be
counted against that on our most important day in 30 years they can all fuck off.
deko was shit lazy today didnt track back,gives the ball away and falls over and laughs! ha get back on the bench.Kompany and lescott both had mares.
play like that and we lose to anyone.
just grow some balls and play your hearts out,well be singing ours,thats all.

Exmancunian said:
I'm interested to see your reaction to today's result. I was hoping for a City win just to continue the sense of over confidence that seems apparent from MCFC. That will play right into our (Stoke's) hands. Maybe a defeat today will bring a more realistic approach to your approach next Saturday (bugger!)

Just a couple of observations from some of the posts I've seen. The size of Wembley's pitch didn't make much difference to how we played against Bolton (surprisingly). If anything Stoke used the extra width far more productively than Bolton, our two wingers seemed to revel in the extra space they had. Rory only took about three throw-ins, he easily reached the 6 yard box.

Etherington is still touch and go for the final, the intense treatment he's been having seems to be having an effect. He's been doing fitness work with the squad and they'll leave the decision until the last minute.

Apparently Mancini has been bitching about Everton being long ball, long ball, long ball. With the arrival of Matty and Pennant Stoke mix it up much more now, Glen Whelan (one of your cast offs, we thank you!) has really come into form in the last couple of months in central midfiled, we now have a midfielder with a bit of a brain.So perhaps it's best not to simply expect long ball, long ball from us, if he does then Signor Mancini maybe in for a bit of shock.

We're really strong at set pieces as everyone knows but Kenwyne's header at Villa the other week is the only goal from a set piece in the last 18 we've scored.
Subscribe to "we only score from a throw in" at your peril.

The one who worries me is David Silva, how we cope with him will be crucial.

Before the Bolton game I thought it was 50-50 as to who would win, next week I think it's more 60-40 in your favour, we shall see.

May the best team on the day win.

As everyone says at Wembley "Wembley Saps your strength" we play possession football as good as any top team! Second half Stoke will feel it! Like the scum did and we dominated them! This is how we will win the game possession and control!

Cup Final will be decided by Tuesday's result. If we beat Spurs on Tuesday, then the players will be FAR more relaxed than if we don't. 3 points against Spuds and Champs Lge sown up. Then, it is "use every ounce of skill and energy for 90 minutes at Wembley and your season is over!"

Personally, count me in for 2-0 Man City, both games!

We have to be VERY careful of Stoke;s WING PLAY at Wembley. THAT is how they destroyed Bolton. Played two wingers, who both know how to come in and shoot and how to play the killer pass in BEHIND the CBs AND the cross to the CFs. Delap DOES give them a different dimension, but if City can;t deal with a few throw-ins, then we don't deserve to win the FA Cup Final!

If Bobby sets us up to deal with Stoke rather than setting us up to beat Stoke then we are going to come unstuck!

Get out there and fucking take our game to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.