cup games to build our fanbase

fathellensbellend

the hamburg game has really opened up an enourmous amount of potential.

how many could we have sold?

city could really grab a generation of support if we continue with these prices for cup games (although give card holders first dibs)

i really hope this isnt a one off, because we could literally get 1000's of old/new supporters coming regularly.

fathellensbellend said:
the hamburg game has really opened up an enourmous amount of potential.

how many could we have sold?

city could really grab a generation of support if we continue with these prices for cup games (although give card holders first dibs)

i really hope this isnt a one off, because we could literally get 1000's of old/new supporters coming regularly.

This was my initial thoughts, however I wonder how much these "additions" actually value the fact of being a City fan!

I would be quite happy to gain a few thousand each week but not if these are fair weather glory hunters. Especially if these have been sleeping City fans who gave up when we dropped into division two.

The club have tried long and hard now to regenerate more fans with cheap tickets for students and the different payscales for different ages which I think should be applauded.

I also would like to see a reduction in the season ticket prices for the loyal die-hard fans who go to the games even when things aren't going so well.

Trigger, I think everything has to start somewhere in order for them to catch the City bug. I know a fair few who aren't really followers of football but are just going for the price but they might be surprised!

In the current climate its a nice thing to do. Given that gate revenue is absolutely negligible in the grand scheme of things to our owners, a full house is more beneficial than a half empty stadium from a perception point of view.

Having read numerous threads (some quite hysterical I might add) regarding this fixture I am finding it hard to get to grips with some of the negative posturings of some posters.
How can selling out the stadium be anything other than a huge posoitive for the TEAM!! So we will attract some 1st time never to be seen again fans but if a small percentage of these get the CITY bug then I for one wont be complaining especially if they are of a young, prone to follow the RAGS nature!
I doubt that anyone who attends on a regular basis will be left without a ticket, so come on BLUES lets make this the best night at CITY for a long time and show the rest of the country what following your team is all about!
CTID

Unfortunately i cant go as i am having an op in hospital on that day. ( i know, another plastic blue excuse!!!)

But its nights like these than can spawn a whole new generation of City fans, and yeh, maybe a few glory hunters but also many who go on to become true blues.

The club have pulled off a blinder imo particularly after the apathy shown in previous home Uefa rounds (all which have actually been bloody good nights). This could be the catalyst for every future European night in the new City era.

Have a great night blues and spare just a little thought of me with a big hole in my belly and watching on hospital TV!!!

i think its a load of bollocks!!!!

im a seasoncard holder and i just wanted to go on and buy my seat but it aint letting me?!?!?!

jamie39 said:

im a seasoncard holder and i just wanted to go on and buy my seat but it aint letting me?!?!?!

If ya cant get it, come watch the match in Cheltenham General with me! Waters are on me!!

I doubt that anyone who attends on a regular basis will be left without a ticket,
CTID

That is the point. That's why people are hystericl. Because there are a lot of non season ticket holders that have missed out to the Daytrippers

jamie39 said:

Casually do it mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.