Current Form

Fallingbostel Blue

on current form we are averaging 2 points a game, over the season this would see us with around 76 points (hopefully), where would this see us finish?

Arsenal finished 4th with 72 last season. The totals will be fewer at the top end this season i think, so 76 could sneak into 3rd.

We've been to OT, Villa Park, Ewood Park, Fratton Park and now the DW stadium, all fixtures we lost last season, and taken eight points from those potentially tricky games. We have a 100% home record, including a very impressive win and performance against Arsenal. We have been without our best player for most of the season, and we have a very new team that is going to take time to really gel together, into the cohesive unit that they're going to be. We're very handily placed with a home game in hand, and some winnable games coming up, with our injured players all on the verge of full fitness. We're going to get stronger, whilst teams around us continue to slip up. Maybe I'm missing something, but this place should be buzzing right now. Why isn't it?

hgblue said:
We've been to OT, Villa Park, Ewood Park, Fratton Park and now the DW stadium, all fixtures we lost last season, and taken eight points from those potentially tricky games. We have a 100% home record, including a very impressive win and performance against Arsenal. We have been without our best player for most of the season, and we have a very new team that is going to take time to really gel together, into the cohesive unit that they're going to be. We're very handily placed with a home game in hand, and some winnable games coming up, with our injured players all on the verge of full fitness. We're going to get stronger, whilst teams around us continue to slip up. Maybe I'm missing something, but this place should be buzzing right now. Why isn't it?

excellent post

hgblue said:

Because too many people expect perfection and just like to whinge. We are on the way.

hgblue said:

Good post, but we drew at Ewood Park last season.

Well said. I couldn't believe some of the negativity at the game today.

Most of the squad have been flying all round the world during the last 10 days including Tevez who's been on a 14,000 mile round trip. It's no wonder the team looked a bit out of sorts today, especially in the first half. Not to mention the players who came into the game under a fitness cloud. It's not as if they've been training together much over the last 2 weeks.

I had the misfortune to be at the Swamp yesterday and they were lucky to escape with all three points.

I thought that we were going to go on and win the game today, but the sending off changed all that.

We've not played well, got a point, 5th in the league, game in hand. As we well know....things could be a lot worse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.