Custis: "Swp => Arsenal"

bizzbo

ARSENE WENGER is ready to rescue Shaun Wright-Phillips from his misery at Manchester City.

The tricky winger has failed to land a regular starting place under Roberto Mancini at Eastlands.

Now Mancini is ready to let him leave and Arsenal boss Wenger wants to snap him up in a cut-price �5million deal.

Wright-Phillips returned to City for his second spell with the club in an �8.5m deal from Chelsea in August 2008. He signed a four-year deal worth �60,000 a week but that was before the big money started being spent by new owner Sheikh Mansour.

Wright-Phillips has since been at odds with manager Mancini on the training ground and publicly complained about the club not offering him better terms on his contract.

He has started just seven games since Mancini took charge in December and has been substituted in six of those.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2964568/Arsene-Wenger-set-to-save-Shaun-Wright-Phillips.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... llips.html</a>

don't get it myself, walcott is doing exactly the same job for them already

Cant see it happening on the basis that Wenger likes players who can play football. Walcott has not progressed the way he was expected and therefore is nothing like a regular starter, he has pace to burn but Wenger prefers players like Nasri and Rosicky who are comfortable on the ball. SWP is very much an older version of Walcott and now that SWP has lost the extra yard of pace he used to have he is being shown to be an extremely limited player. On this basis I dont see why Wenger would want him now when he hasnt wanted him in the past.

well if he's going, lets hope mancini has the nous to make a deal to get arshavin coming this way, of course, we'd have to pay some cash aswell, but that isn't a problem for us is it:)?

He's coming up to 29 years of age if he is not already that old. Wenger will not invest £5,000,000 on a player who would have little to no resale value should he wish to dispose of his services at the end of next season. I think he would fit in at Arsenal actually and go on to do really well for them. I just cannot imagine Wenger parting with that kind of money for such an average player. This rumour has been doing the rounds for transfer window after transfer window. Non-starter in my books.

cant see it myself, wenger didnt want him when he was younger, and I cant see how he would get ahead of nasri and arshavin on the wings. And can you guys imagine how disguisted Ian Wright would be when he sees what we offer him, if 70k is mugging him off, Wrighty will have a heart attcak when he sees arsenals offer

Ian Wright writes a column for the sun, SWP and Wright are still being idiots with regards to Shaun's contract at City, Shaun's being ''mugged off'' etc. This is nothing more than an article to boost SWP's profile a bit and make City sweat, which they won't after the season SWP has had. There was an article in the same paper saying how Barca were going to come in for him, its a load of rubbish and if by some miracle he ends up at a top four team it would be as a squad player so would be a pointless move.

If SWP and Ian Wright are too stupid to realise that Shaun has the chance to be part of something special here and want to throw their toys out then let him go, there's hundreds of top players who would give anything to be part of City right now, give one of them the chance instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.