Custom E-Bike Battery pack

jacko74

I'm after a li-on battery pack for my ebike conversion but I want one of a size that will fit in saddle bag, so want it to be more square shaped rather than long and thin as most standard ebike batteries are.

I have seen the exact thing I'm looking for in terms of capacity, output and dimensions but they're all just from slightly dubious ebay/amazon sellers and the battery packs themselves are just unbranded ready made in China jobs almost certainly using the cheapest, crappiest cells available.

I'm very wary in particular of ali express although there is one supplier on there, Chamrider, who claim to use quality brand cells (Panasonic or Samsung) but who knows how truthful they're being! Has anyone used Chamrider?

Can anyone recommend a reputable manufacturer/supplier of battery cell packs?

This is basically the exact thing I'm after...

just changed the search terms and came up with this UK company. dunno if the spec suits your purposes...might give you a starting point

Just buy the cheapo battery pack, and replace the 18650 cells inside with quality lithium-ion ones (Samsung 30Q 3000mAh) or (Sony VTC6 3000mAh) or (Molicel M535A 3500mAh)

fogstar.co.uk is a reputable battery seller.

Thanks for the replies.

It's very frustrating as I can find numerous examples of the exact spec I require in terms of output, capacity and size... but all are of unverifiable quality and from what I'd consider dodgy eBay and amazon sellers with no ratings or seller history.

Aren't the individual battery cells in these packs all welded or soldered together? Not just a simple case of swapping out the cheapo crappy ones for good quality ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.