Customer Service:

Stayed in a nice hotel last weekend and they didn't have any decaf tea in the rooms. Back today and they welcomed us and told us the tea was in. Service. With a smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell a story from the other side of the customer service divide from a few years ago. A hotel group in Australia who were one of my clients at the time. The guests had booked three of the five star properties, and it didn't go well. It was one of those complaints where as you read your head just sinks lower and lower, you start muttering "oh my God" and dreading what is coming next. One of those bookings where whatever could possibly have gone wrong, did go wrong. It was just a hideous nightmare from start to finish, and a series of events that should never happen, and this apart did never happen - this was a very high quality hotel operation.

Naturally, this was bang to rights, refunds, compensation all applied and very generously, because frankly, everyone was horribly embarrassed. But I suggested (and the hotels agreed) we go a bit further. So I sent them a letter, explaining how horrified we all were, that it wasn't at all what the hotels were about and that since it was Christmas, the letter was sent alongside an extremely expensive top of the range Fortnum and Masons hamper that very definitely wasn't compensation (that was already done) but was an extra gift from us to apologise and to make that Christmas a little more special for them.

A few days later I received a wonderful email from them explaining how they were regular guests, loved the hotels thoroughly and had been so hurt and disappointed how it had gone wrong, but that how we had handled it had restored their faith that we actually cared about them, and that they would be booking again.

A definite punch the air moment.

Last edited:
I would like to make a plug please for Curry's which appears to take a bit of stick warranted or otherwise.We bought the set from them after being let down with damaged goods on arrival from a different supplier.The TV was new stock supplied in April 2017 and Built in March 2017 delivered and installed by friendly know-How people.In fairness and no disrespect I do not imagine they know an awful lot but I have to say their nice uniforms and logo were reassuring and very professional.

Last night whilst I was Moon-walking the other half calmly said "Bob lad there is a horizontal line running across our TV screen and it's not going away any time soon".Imagine my consternation as I spat out my Staropraman in alarm angst and distress.This TV was brought in at overkill to future proof taking us into the next decade and beyond. OLED: the final frontier.Its ten-year mission to explore strange new worlds to seek out new signals and boldly go where non of our previous sets had gone before ! It's been a brilliant set but a brilliant set for only 18 months and quite frankly I am not impressed.I still have a Sony HD trundling along after 12 years loyal service and even an old Dixon branded Saisho doing the rounds for longer. Anyway we searched the bill boxes and receipt boxes and could find nothing concerning their free 5 year guarantee so I immediately took a shuttle over to the AV forums to investigate.A full 10 page thread on folk not getting their warranty details despite constant requests.Oh my days and nights so we set our alarms early for to make contact.

They could not have been more helpful confirming that our appliance was indeed under free warranty and proceeded to deal with our dilemma.After diagnosing a fault they are to send someone round tomorrow to pack the set up and take it away for repairs.Hows that for tip top service.Not only did they sell me an up to date recent build TV but they dealt with my after care sales dilemma immediately and will repair within 7 days.Very disappointing with the TV acquiring faults after such a short period of time but shit happens and we move on.You never know they might not be able to repair it and supply us with the latest set instead but maybe I am just being giddy in my old age so yes well done Currys know-How and I will update this unfortunate incident as and when it unfolds.

Does anyone know what this fault could be ? Five inches up from the bottom of the screen it has a bluey green line running horizontal left to right.We have reset the TV and the fault is evident on all feeds.

reYpIvS.jpg

tovsuPj.jpg

Were you watching the Spurs game when you first noticed the stripes?

He's not called Taxi now. He's called tenbob gun, or summat like that. Maybe Tupac or tetra pak next eh Taxi? ; )

Its not difficult at all if you apply yourself.I am called Two Gun Bob you dyslexic Hobbit : /
You may if you so wish call me Gunny.

Were you watching the Spurs game when you first noticed the stripes?

Very good our Eli very good indeed.I am actually sat in our front room Right Now and the silence is deafening.Living in the olden days must have been an absolute mare so anyway for some ambiance I went on the you-tube and put on some music from the thirties and forties and she just shouted in from the bedroom "turn it down dickhead".Anyway without a telly in the house you would both have to communicate using small talk and .. condversations.

After 3 online chats (terminated before finished) and weeks of back and forth e-mithers i finally got sorted by NowTV and have a free voucher for 24hrs of Sky sports.
The one i originally bought wouldn't play properly on windows 10 (an issue the company admmited) when i began to watch so i got on the online chat straight away. By the end of the day the stream was running ok but i continued with the complaint as i'd missed the City match. The helper noted that i'd had it running all day to which i replied that i was waiting too see if the playback got any better. Fair enough he/she said and gave me a new voucher code. A few weeks later i tried to apply the code and zilch, nada, nowt. Back onto online chat and e-mail and one month later a shiny new voucher is on my account and ready to roll.
Not one bit of shouting (apart from me, at the wall), threatening or hair pulling out occured during this process and Precious, the online helper is now my new mate. Whoop Whoop....

After 3 online chats (terminated before finished) and weeks of back and forth e-mithers i finally got sorted by NowTV and have a free voucher for 24hrs of Sky sports.
The one i originally bought wouldn't play properly on windows 10 (an issue the company admmited) when i began to watch so i got on the online chat straight away. By the end of the day the stream was running ok but i continued with the complaint as i'd missed the City match. The helper noted that i'd had it running all day to which i replied that i was waiting too see if the playback got any better. Fair enough he/she said and gave me a new voucher code. A few weeks later i tried to apply the code and zilch, nada, nowt. Back onto online chat and e-mail and one month later a shiny new voucher is on my account and ready to roll.
Not one bit of shouting (apart from me, at the wall), threatening or hair pulling out occured during this process and Precious, the online helper is now my new mate. Whoop Whoop....
Haven't they just finally given you what you originally paid for rather than given you anything for "free"? Or have they refunded you as well?

Haven't they just finally given you what you originally paid for rather than given you anything for "free"? Or have they refunded you as well?

In theory, yes. But i actually had 24hrs of viewing in the first place. It was dodgy playback when i put it on for the first game and City were on next so i started the chat. By the time i'd finished, the City game was running well and i then watched Barcelona later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.