CV

All you need is a word processor so Word/Google Docs/open office. I see lots of CVs throughout the year and the best ones all include an excellent covering letter. The covering letter is far far more important as it gives you an open opportunity to tell the employer why you want the job (cash obviously but bullshit about loving what the company does/ you've always seen yourself as a manager etc.) and also try to show your personality. The CV only has to be bullet points of your skills and employment details (what you was responsible for etc) if you've just left school then you'll have to concentrate on education results (remember that no-one cares that you did a Greek history module as part of a history degree unless it's for a Greek historian role). Again the key bit is the skills make sure you tailor it to the job your applying for otherwise you've not got a chance of winning it. If you're applying for a developer then you should build your CV through the web and include the http link in the main CV.

Good luck.

All you need is a word processor so Word/Google Docs/open office. I see lots of CVs throughout the year and the best ones all include an excellent covering letter. The covering letter is far far more important as it gives you an open opportunity to tell the employer why you want the job (cash obviously but bullshit about loving what the company does/ you've always seen yourself as a manager etc.) and also try to show your personality. The CV only has to be bullet points of your skills and employment details (what you was responsible for etc) if you've just left school then you'll have to concentrate on education results (remember that no-one cares that you did a Greek history module as part of a history degree unless it's for a Greek historian role). Again the key bit is the skills make sure you tailor it to the job your applying for otherwise you've not got a chance of winning it. If you're applying for a developer then you should build your CV through the web and include the http link in the main CV.

Good luck.

Exemplary grammar helps.

Just finishing off my CV prior to a career change. Any experts willing to cast an eye once it's done. This is all new to me.

The CV gets you an interview, the interview gets you the job.

Any employer only wants to know 3 things from any potential employee.

1. Can you do the job?
2. Do you want to do the job?
3. Do they like you?

If all 3 are Yes then you have a chance; likewise if any are No then you've no chance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.