Cyberbullying

Just wonder if anyone on here has experience of dealing with cyberbullying? Currently have a problem with some 14yr olds who have decided to target my son. Fake pictures posted on line, contacting other people who they don’t know who are on his friends list and calling them any number of expletives etc.
Now I know what some will say, just ignore it or come off social media but that is easier said than done for a teen.
Have reported it to Instagram/ Snapchat but might as well talk to the wall.
Any ideas ?

Hi mate, sorry to hear this about your lad. It's a tough age at the best of times nevermind with that going on and people underestimate just how brutal cyber bullying is.
Our world's today, especially kids of your sons age is so so embedded online that people messing with that can really screw you over. I'd take a punch to the face over online abuse any day!

I experienced something similar at around age 11 so slightly younger. But fortunately it was just before the dawn of social media and was all via PAYG texting. Still the level at the time was cruel.

I can recommend the charity CyberSmile - https://www.cybersmile.org/what-we-do - who do some great work and have 24/7 support if he needs someone to speak to.
Also happy to offer any advice that helped me if you want to reach out via email or something drop me a PM.
Edit- I'd also add that reporting to the sites is always almost next to useless

As with anything at that age, it'll pass eventually but at the time it's all consuming and hellish. Hope he and you are both doing alright blue.

Not to be a smartarse but, what has changed. What's stopping your lad from giving one of them a crack?

This is why cyber bullying is so brutal. If he hits him without being hit first, likelihood he's suspended or excluded or whatever it's called.
People get brave behind a keyboard and it's very easy to be anonymous even if he knows who it is. It's viscious and the dark side of social media.
Really should be for 18s and over but just impossible to enforce

the only way to beat bullys is to stand up to them,even getting a good hiding can get you respect in some cases..luckily i was able to dish out instant karma to the odd cnt at school though i know not every child is able to,i detest bullies...

+1

I too could fight, but I took plenty of second bests fighting older cunts, and I mean plenty. I never fought them twice though. I agree that not everybidy can do that. I also detest bullies and with my own sons I told them if I ever heard they were bullying weaker kids I would fucking leather them. I told mine to stand up for those who couldn’t as I did as a boy. I also told them sometimes that would end up them getting a tanking, but, they wouldn’t come back because bullies are shitebags and if you give them a right sore face, even if they beat you they never come back. And if they do, fight them again. Cunts

+1

I too could fight, but I took plenty of second bests fighting older cunts, and I mean plenty. I never fought them twice though. I agree that not everybidy can do that. I also detest bullies and with my own sons I told them if I ever heard they were bullying weaker kids I would fucking leather them. I told mine to stand up for those who couldn’t as I did as a boy. I also told them sometimes that would end up them getting a tanking, but, they wouldn’t come back because bullies are shitebags and if you give them a right sore face, even if they beat you they never come back. And if they do, fight them again. Cunts

Its different nowadays though. You cant just have a scrap and that be the end of it, you are likely to have a knife stuck in you or your head stamped on by 6/7 lads. Back in the day I loved a good scrap win or lose, I wouldn't even entertain the idea now.

Different schools, he knows them from junior school and up until a few weeks back there wasn’t any problems.

Find out which school the little shits goes to and take all your screen shots and evidence to them. Schools are pretty good at dealing with this and usually get things sorted. If it carries on the I guess you take it to the old bill.

Just wonder if anyone on here has experience of dealing with cyberbullying? Currently have a problem with some 14yr olds who have decided to target my son. Fake pictures posted on line, contacting other people who they don’t know who are on his friends list and calling them any number of expletives etc.
Now I know what some will say, just ignore it or come off social media but that is easier said than done for a teen.
Have reported it to Instagram/ Snapchat but might as well talk to the wall.
Any ideas ?

Tell him to do it back?

Remember our friend Adam Teese for inspiration.

If you get the Police involved here, your lad is going to look like a right potato

Dread this happening to one of my kids i'd do something daft. Best thing to do if get the main culprits details and put them on 4chan, include as much information as you can. Do it off a burner though lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.