Cycling Advice

On a more serious note OP this is really going to depend on how much you want to spend . I'm no expert and bought mine for a couple of hundred quid from halfords. Similar usage to you I think in that I use it along the canal and local bike paths not roads. Mine is relatively heavy, spending more gives you a much lighter one.
Buy second hand.. there are some great buys if you look around.. my current bike was £750 (I agreed a deal with a guy who’d listed it on eBay) and it cost £4000 to build in 2017. I love the idea of a new bike but retail prices are a joke... I realise that dealers and manufacturers have to make a living but some of the prices are ridiculous

I cycle a double loop Monday to Friday but missed a day last week because of the wind so I did four laps today instead of 2 so 32 miles in total.. I was a little tired towards the end but feel good knowing I’ve caught up.. I can eat the curry tonight and worry less about my figure

What a lovely email to get this morning...View attachment 9083
Aye....so the email said it would be delivered tomorrow (Thursday)....still not here.

Tracking said it started in Burnley...went to Bury, checked out of Bury....now its at "HUB" (yesterday 730pm)

I dont know where HUB is, Ribble dont know where HUB is and the delivery company dont have a manned phone line, only a live chat.... which is UNMANNED.

Yay! :-|

Aye....so the email said it would be delivered tomorrow (Thursday)....still not here.

Tracking said it started in Burnley...went to Bury, checked out of Bury....now its at "HUB" (yesterday 730pm)

I dont know where HUB is, Ribble dont know where HUB is and the delivery company dont have a manned phone line, only a live chat.... which is UNMANNED.

Yay! :-|
Hub will just be a regional distribution centre. Chances are it will be out for delivered already, or at the latest tomorrow.

Hub will just be a regional distribution centre. Chances are it will be out for delivered already, or at the latest tomorrow.
Its being delivered by DX....not very reassuring when they have just told me they havent received it yet....despite me getting an email and text from them...as well as the tracking history on their own site

:-|

Can i blame Brexit yet?

Its being delivered by DX....not very reassuring when they have just told me they havent received it yet....despite me getting an email and text from them...as well as the tracking history on their own site

:-|

Can i blame Brexit yet?
No... DX are fucking useless and we’re before Brexit.

Well my lovely new bike arrived...unannounced on Saturday....very pleased.

The DX system says its still in England....their "live chat" last said they had no record of it....i might just keep on to them until they "find" it :-)

90 mins today on my son’s mountain bike including nice stretches by the river. Was bliss in the sunshine and deserted roads. Was tempted to get out my road bike but still loads of salt on the roads so that’ll have to wait!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.