Cycling from Coast to Coast.

without a dream

Being played offside by Martin Demichelis
Basically me and my mates are skint so were thinking a leisurely coast to coast cycle would be a decent holiday this summer, we were thinking start at Blackpool and go across to Robin Hoods Bay taking 4/5 days and spending a couple of days there at the end. Anyone got any advice, useful websites etc.? I've had a quick look but most of the popular routes seem to start at Whitehaven.

Southport > Hull is the Trans Penine route, properly marked out, and comes through South Manchester.

scall said:
Southport > Hull is the Trans Penine route, properly marked out, and comes through South Manchester.

It's a good route. Ends in Hornsea

lots of trails and B roads all mapped out for you.

Get on it. It's good! You can even get away with a bit of wild camping if it's dry and warmish and you pick your spots

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transpenninetrail.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transpenninetrail.org.uk/</a>

hiya mate ten years ago or such me and two mates set off from workington to cycle c to c in a day! yeah i know we were stupid. we had one of the lads track us over the route with food, drinks, spares etc. We did it in one day coz we couldn't get time off work.

Got lost a couple of times. we picked the longest day in summer to do it! Whilst outside the highest pub in england on the penines it was pissing down. That was one of the coldest times in my life cycling downhill in the rain for miles. We finally arrived at the east coast at 9pm after leaving at 7am. it was fucking stupid!! great views, great country but my arse hurt for a week. it was all about mental strength. only two of us finished it! 164miles later

Be warned do not follow my lead!

It would have been great to do it over a few days. There are places to stay along the way on the various routes and cafe/pub stops which are well documented. You will love it done over a few days, say 50 miles a day. we had a booklet and it did suggest booking b and b's before hand. if you can take tents you are sorted.

every englishman should do it before they die, the landscape is as beautifull as anywhere in the world!

without a dream said:
Cheers guys :) I'll get those maps then...... unless anyone knows where I can get them for free? ;)

Yeah we were thinking if just taking tents and whatnot are biggest logistical issue is going to be carrying beer I think ;)

If you put your route plan on here, we can organise drops.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.