Cystic Fibrosis

Beanie fuckin hell feel for you mate no experience of it but just want you to know I'm rooting for you xx

de niro said:
Beanie The Wonder Horse said:
Thanks for your replies, it's comforting to know that the disease isn't too debilitating and he will hopefully have the chance to lead a relatively normal life.

Celeste, he had a test done early on but he had to have a small transfusion as part of the operation so the results weren't reliable.

The hospital have said that brinchilitis is extremely common and the pseudomonas could be a result of being in various hospital wards. His stools have also gone very oily (he is on high protein milk so they said this could be a result of this). He is struggling to put on weight (been on nil by mouth at times so again, could be down to this) and his skin tastes salty to me (could be imagining this though as I'm convinced he has cf).

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for most symptoms on their own but just seems to many coincidences for it to not be cf to me now.

Just heartbreaking to see what he is going through in the first 6 weeks of life and the thought that as he grows up he'll have to wrap his head round this and that most of the dreams I've had for him over the past 9 months will likely not have chance to materiallise.

Know there's a lot of conditions which are worse and would have a far bigger impact for him but it all just seems so unfair at the moment.

feel for you and your little boy. can only wish you all the best.

x 2 mate.

nimrod said:
de niro said:
Beanie The Wonder Horse said:
Thanks for your replies, it's comforting to know that the disease isn't too debilitating and he will hopefully have the chance to lead a relatively normal life.

Celeste, he had a test done early on but he had to have a small transfusion as part of the operation so the results weren't reliable.

The hospital have said that brinchilitis is extremely common and the pseudomonas could be a result of being in various hospital wards. His stools have also gone very oily (he is on high protein milk so they said this could be a result of this). He is struggling to put on weight (been on nil by mouth at times so again, could be down to this) and his skin tastes salty to me (could be imagining this though as I'm convinced he has cf).

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for most symptoms on their own but just seems to many coincidences for it to not be cf to me now.

Just heartbreaking to see what he is going through in the first 6 weeks of life and the thought that as he grows up he'll have to wrap his head round this and that most of the dreams I've had for him over the past 9 months will likely not have chance to materiallise.

Know there's a lot of conditions which are worse and would have a far bigger impact for him but it all just seems so unfair at the moment.

feel for you and your little boy. can only wish you all the best.

x 2 mate.

x 3. Good luck Beanie, hope everything is ok fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.