Czech Republic v England | Euro 2020 Group Stage

Should keep the same team for the next game, despite how bad that 2nd half was.

I’d be open to putting Sterling central instead of Kane, to bring in Foden on the left, but I know that’s never going to happen.

Sorry....

****True facts****

1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'

2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...

Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David,

Hearts - Charlemagne,

Clubs -Alexander the Great,

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'

5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.

Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

6. Since 1966,England fans have said they are going to win the cup at the start of every football competition, hence the phrase ‘deluded twat’
Longest post I have ever read & some how I also feel more educated! Lol

awful again.

So slow up front.

Kane should of gone off for some one with more speed (Rashford/Sancho/Bellingham)

Saka had a great game, Grealish was average

Maguire and Pickford hoofing the ball again, did i read Stones was telling them to stop it again?

Why Henderson come on after 45 mins I really don't know. Rice had a good game.

Still don't know why Stone was actually subbed?

Defensive from the outset, considering the amount of attacking talent we have.

2 goals in 3 games is shocking

We will get torn apart next week
Agree with that apart from I thought Rice was poor, offered little protection to our defence letting them in several times and nothing going forward.

Sorry....

****True facts****

1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'

2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...

Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David,

Hearts - Charlemagne,

Clubs -Alexander the Great,

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'

5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.

Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

6. Since 1966,England fans have said they are going to win the cup at the start of every football competition, hence the phrase ‘deluded twat’
1624443450959.png

I just have this feeling that England will surprise a few people & millions of English fans by winning their last 16 game
Not against Portgual or Germany. Germany has the knack of beating England in the bigger games, after the 1966 World Cup Final for starters.

Last edited:
The whole set up of two holding midfielders sitting is there to make England as hard to beat as possible. We will probably be looking to sneak one from a set piece. Depressing stuff, I lost count of how many times they punted it aimlessly forward simply for it to come back.

If you look at every team’s system in the premier league, only City are built to retain the ball and dominate the opposition. Probably why England can’t get the most out of the front three and create chances.

What concerns me is that we look pretty easy to beat even with two holding midfielders. We're sitting off and basically letting the opposition get to the final third. The Czech's did it with ease last night and then got good balls into the box and had opportunities to score. We were lucky rather than defensively sound. I don't know why we're not pressing more and keeping the ball away from our goal. We've got so much pace in the side and a lot of young players that can run all game so it doesn't make sense to not press.

Winning the ball high up the pitch and counter attacking would suit this side. Slow build up and guile isn't something we're going to succeed at unless Mount, Foden and Grealish all start which isn't going to happen.

What concerns me is that we look pretty easy to beat even with two holding midfielders. We're sitting off and basically letting the opposition get to the final third. The Czech's did it with ease last night and then got good balls into the box and had opportunities to score. We were lucky rather than defensively sound. I don't know why we're not pressing more and keeping the ball away from our goal. We've got so much pace in the side and a lot of young players that can run all game so it doesn't make sense to not press.

Winning the ball high up the pitch and counter attacking would suit this side. Slow build up and guile isn't something we're going to succeed at unless Mount, Foden and Grealish all start which isn't going to happen.

The urgency to press high was there early doors then it faded. A better team would have put away those chances the Czech Republic created. Unfortunately our engine room isn’t good enough, you put De Bruyne, Gundo and Rodri behind that front 3 and they wouldn’t be starved of chances like they are now, we are lucky at City we get to see the football we do week in week out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.