Czech Republic v England | Euro 2020 Group Stage

According to Neville “Harry Maguire is the senior defender, I think John Stones needs him there”
Stones hasn’t conceded a goal in the tournament
Quite true when you look at trophies won , Stones three premier league titles , one FA cup, two league cups , two charity shields and one champions league final .
Maguire ……………………………..nothing .

Might have missed it but something up with Stones?

He looked pretty knackered for 5 or so minutes before he was subbed to be fair.

Saka? Foden?
Which would you rather have in our team?
I'm pretty cool about Saka being in for England, but, if he's there in the next match in preference to Foden, I'll be leading the lynch-mob chasing the waistcoat wearing waste of space.

I think Germany will beat Hungary and France won’t lose to Portugal so it will be one of those two for England and if we don’t improve, that will be the end of that.

All three performances have been pretty dire except for odd flashes of quality here and there. People like Blue Hammer will rightly say we topped the group and to be fair in a group containing Czechoslovakia, Croatia and a fierce local rival it is no mean feat, even if we have looked pretty awful getting there. The aim though is to actually win a bloody tournament not just make up the numbers. With the good young talent we have at our disposal we should be looking to do more than just play like Burnley.

And how did France play against Hungary ?

Spain.. drab draws v Sweden and Poland

Not many play such amazing attacking football in tournament football, recent Euro winners Portugal were Terrible and they won the thing , same for Greece.

international football is often tight, uneventful and defensive because so much is riding on it.

so far we’ve had one poor performance v Scotland and 2 good performances against Czech and World Cup finalists Croatia.

I’m not expecting us to win the Euros. Absolutely not. But the constant negativity against England and slagging off at players is more tiring than watching any England game.

All three performances have been pretty dire except for odd flashes of quality here and there. People like Blue Hammer will rightly say we topped the group and to be fair in a group containing Czechoslovakia, Croatia and a fierce local rival it is no mean feat, even if we have looked pretty awful getting there. The aim though is to actually win a bloody tournament not just make up the numbers. With the good young talent we have at our disposal we should be looking to do more than just play like Burnley.
One positive is that it has reminded me how lucky we are to have Pep as a Manager. Despite the Porto disaster, if Pep had this England team, I believe they would walk this tournament. His front three would probably be Saka, Sterling, and Grealish with a midfield of Foden, Bellingham, and Phillips. It would certainly not be boring. Us City fans have been spoiled.

World Cup semi final
Qualify for Euros, top our group unbeaten and clean sheets.

yes. Mr Chappo would certainly be doing a better job.
Southgate has got England playing turgid ultra defensive football and sets the team up not to lose rather than go out to win which considering the attacking options we have is absolutely criminal.

Now that's all well and good against mid level teams and to get out of the group but from now on its knock out football and we will be coming up against quality opposition.

Southgate won't change the system to go more attacking he'll setup in excalty the same way and if we go a goal behind I have zero faith he'll change it up. Whoever we play next round I think we'll get comfortably beaten.

You have to remember your on a City forum and we haven't seen football like this since the Pearce days. It's painful to watch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.