Daily Mail at it again... Ireland to scum

Stevie to the rags? Why not?

Seems to me, too many people have lost sight of a very simple fact - Stevie's being played out of position. Remember when the rags tried playing Wio as a defensive midfield player? Imagine playing Lampard or Fabregas on the right side of midfield....fuck it, imagine playing either of those two as defensive midfield players...

...I won't get into the rights or wrongs of the player bashing which goes on on bluemoon - but ya think Stevie to the rags is impossible? I'm just no so sure anymore....

BillyShears is spot on. He is absolutely rubbish playing on the right. I think the solution is to Drop this quasi f**king 4-4-2 stuff, and go to something along the lines of a 4-2-3-1 setup (Basically a 4-5-1). I.e. what I'm thinking is
Given
Back 4
2 of De Jong /Barry/Vieira
SWP Ireland Johnson/Bellamy
Tevez

Adebayor might have scored 2 goals, but I'd be playing Tevez in front of him solely on work rate (I don't think they work as a front 2, especially because Ade thinks at times he is a winger, not a forward. Use the 2 deep lying midfielders to shield the back 4, Ireland to sit in behind Tevez and be the link man as well as do what he does best with those late runs into the box, and two wingers so that we actually can stretch teams width wise and create space in the middle for Tevez and Ireland.

Nice. Ireland doesn’t play for his country for whatever reason.. Now he may join the enemy.
What next?

I don't rate De Jong at all, Barry has been wank most of the season & Ireland, whilst I like him, I don't think he's good enough. We will regret not strengthening our midfield in the Jan window, it will cost the club dear!

I have some fundamental problems with this story, namely:

1) United have no money, and we would never sell him on the cheap
2) Mancini is unlikely to be here next year so would never be allowed to sell such a player
3) It's in the Daily Mail for fuck's sake

Neil McNab said:
I don't rate De Jong at all, Barry has been wank most of the season & Ireland, whilst I like him, I don't think he's good enough. We will regret not strengthening our midfield in the Jan window, it will cost the club dear!

WADR, De Jong has been City's most consistent performer this season and is the ONLY reason we are not hemorrhaging goals every game!! NDJ MIGHT be Player of the Year if Tevez does not score 20 goals this year!

EVERYONE needs to look around and notice that it is NOT that the players who can be, and have been on occasion, world class this season are not good enough, but rather they are not consistently performing against the teams where they are going to have to grind out a result. When I watch Man Utd highlights, seems like almost a given that they are going to have at least 5 goal scoring chances in the last 15 minutes of a game, because they change their tempo and feed different channels when they are in a hurry. City, on the other hand, nearly ALWAYS look like they are going to concede one in the last 10 minutes because they always seem to be hanging onto a lead or pushing 10 men forward trying to get an equalizer.

Seriously, we need to work our socks off for the rest of the season and finish well, wherever that leaves us in the league, and THEN set about building a BULLETPROOF team around the strengths of the team, and the players who are both performing and are the future.

Performers:
Given
De Jong
Bellamy
Tevez
Adebayor, when he can be arsed

Future:
Hart
Richards
Boyata
Onuoha
Johnson

Sadly, I'm not sure where players like Kompany, Ireland, SWP fit into that equation. They can ALL THREE be world class on their day, but for their age and supposed "level" they are just not doing the business.

Neil McNab said:

your such a positive person, it's the managers job to get them playing football.
lucas, mascherano, denilson, song, fletcher, carrick, huddlestone, jenas,
how many of these players would you say would improve our team if they where
managed by mancini and how good would you say ireland and de jong would be
if there manager was fergison.

Ireland will get nowhere near the united first team playing like this so this is irrelevant anyway. He needs to sort his head out before he goes on the one season wonder list which is longer than Vieira's willy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.