Daily Mail - Given's future 'in doubt'

vincent said:
Uber Blue said:
on the bench

Er right ok.
Sorry but for me it's as simple as that. He's a professional and i for one (for the up and coming season at the very least) cannot envisage Shay spitting his dummy out and demanding a transfer request at the first sign of competition.

Uber Blue said:
vincent said:
Er right ok.
Sorry but for me it's as simple as that. He's a professional and i for one (for the up and coming season at the very least) cannot envisage Shay spitting his dummy out and demanding a transfer request at the first sign of competition.

Indeed. Competition can only be a good thing, it'll bring the best out in our players and with all the games we'll (hopefully) be facing we'll need both to be in top form.

Would be interesting to see how Shay would react to being on the bench if Hart does indeed take his place, he has been a Premiership no1 for over a decade.

Blu KB said:
Would be interesting to see how Shay would react to being on the bench if Hart does indeed take his place, he has been a Premiership no1 for over a decade.
I'd expect him to be a bit pissed off and would be training really hard to regain the number 1 spot back from Hart. Like i say, i don't think it would look particularly good on him to throw in a transfer request at the first sign of competition.

Uber Blue said:
Blu KB said:
I'd expect him to be a bit pissed off and would be training really hard to regain the number 1 spot back from Hart. Like i say, i don't think it would look particularly good on him to throw in a transfer request at the first sign of competition.

Agreed but at the same time he's not getting any younger. Given is an established first choice international keeper and has been for a long time, he was also number One at Newcastle for a long time before joining us, so if he is now put on the substitutes bench he may well want to leave for first team football. I'm sure Arsenal would have him in a heartbeat.

In terms of City, we have to look after our own long term interests and I think as things stand Hart should be made first choice. If things go well Hart could be our number One keeper for the next decade or longer and is already looking like an outstanding talent. If its a choice between upsetting Given or Hart then we should be backing Hart.

I'd be sorry to see Given go if he decided that being part of the squad wasn't good enough for him, but if we were to let Hart go now I think we'd regret it for many years to come.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Uber Blue said:

Agreed but at the same time he's not getting any younger. Given is an established first choice international keeper and has been for a long time, he was also number One at Newcastle for a long time before joining us, so if he is now put on the substitutes bench he may well want to leave for first team football. I'm sure Arsenal would have him in a heartbeat.

In terms of City, we have to look after our own long term interests and I think as things stand Hart should be made first choice. If things go well Hart could be our number One keeper for the next decade or longer and is already looking like an outstanding talent. If its a choice between upsetting Given or Hart then we should be backing Hart.

I'd be sorry to see Given go if he decided that being part of the squad wasn't good enough for him, but if we were to let Hart go now I think we'd regret it for many years to come.
Couldn't agree more. I just don't see Shay putting a transfer request in but if he did then we would have to buy another keeper.

Uber Blue said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:

Couldn't agree more. I just don't see Shay putting a transfer request in but if he did then we would have to buy another keeper.

Yeah I can't see him doing that either, but guess we'll have to wait and see. Still, great to have two great keepers battling it out, most teams are lucky to have one!

The smartest thing City can do is, split it.

Shay Given play the PL games this season
Joe Hart play the cups (all 3 of them)

Then from next season we can decide.

We need both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.