Daley Thompson

He was box office.
After the medal ceremony he'd always say to camera, "The Big G Boys. The Big G!!!"

Think he was one of the lads who was just ultra-competitive and would do anything to get under the skin of his rivals.

Also not many decathletes would be big time enough to taunt the 100m champion. He did.

I watched the other night on BBC2. It jogged my memory of many things Thompson did throughout his career, both on and off the track. The t-shirt he wore about Carl Lewis, who at the time was getting all the headlines for being 100 metres and long jump champion. I distinctly remember it at the time and Thompson now says he hopes Carl isn’t or wasn’t upset by the t-shirt as no harm was meant. I was thinking it’s all well and good saying it now, but you must have meant something by it then. Having put that side of him to one side, he was an unbelievable athlete and as I recall a bit of a Jack the lad.

When Sharon Davies said that he told her that he was going to 'have her' in the pool I thought here we go....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.