Danny Wilson, Oleks Zinchenko, a Ukrainian boy and MCFC

All I know is that Myla delivered the 10 year old to safety in Poland. She has no way of contacting the heart attack woman as she was a stranger until they met as they fled.

Not inappropriate at all. He FaceTimes them sometimes from the front line. They aren’t allowed to know where he is or to call him. So far he is fine although he saw a Russian drone a few days ago.

ive had a few “ conversations” with him on FaceTime but he doesn’t speak a word of English so we just sort of say stuff without understanding. The first two times this happened he was crying his eyes out and beating his heart, obviously saying thanks for looking after his family. I just say daft stuff like “come on Ukraine”. It’s awkward.

Not that I have anything to say that differs from everyone else's contribution, but you and your wife have done a seriously impressive thing here. You said above that it's not easy and I can well imagine, but I'm full of administration.

Well done to Danny Wilson and City, too. Must be a big thrill for Timur to have that contact with his country's football captain.

Ultimately what it is all about. Well done mate, and credit to the club and players too. I hope it can bring a bit of joy, or temporary relief to their friends and family back in Ukraine who are enduring an unimaginable situation.

At the very heart of our club there are people like Danny who have worked at City all their lives. They are a family. We are the extended part of the City family.
What a fantastic read. Congratulations to you DD for your help to the Ukrainian family.

Thanks for all the comments but I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable about everyone telling me how great I am. My wife drove this whole thing and I just said yes. The selfish part of me regularly regrets it.

I’m just going along with this thing and trying to do the best I can. I didn’t start this thread for any other reason than that I think Danny and Oleks should get some appreciation for what they’ve done, not me.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments but I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable about everyone telling me how great I am. My wife drove this whole thing and I just said yes. The selfish part of me regularly regrets it. Timur is absolutely full on with no concept of boundaries. He is like a limpet to one of my boys, including school, and he’s been a real trooper looking after him 24/7. He has no father around and I have to do the job as a surrogate, despite getting really irritated with him at times. I’ve snapped at him, I’ve pretended I’ve got work and sneaked out to go fishing, I’ve had to have a chat about him walking in peoples’ bedrooms without knocking. I’m sick of the incessant paperwork and admin to sort out their benefits, and I’m getting cross at having to drive Myla to places all the time. And I’m absolutely sick of beetroot soup, cabbage pie, boiled duck etc.

I’m just going along with this thing and trying to do the best I can. I didn’t start this thread for any other reason than that I think Danny and Oleks should get some appreciation for what they’ve done, not me.

I think that's fair enough, but you're still doing an incredibly selfless and good thing no matter how much of a disruption and struggle it's been.

Nice to hear about the club doing all that without any publicity and I would expect nothing less of zinchenko, the legend.

But it's also nice to hear about stories like your family to restore a bit of faith in humanity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.