Darius Vassell Evicted from his hotel

Didsbury Dave said:
Another thing about Vassell:

He was in and out the side, played out of position, given stick by the crowd and saw managers come and go.

But I never once saw him whinge to the press or badmouth the club in any way.

Spot on mate - Darius was a gent who always conducted himself professionally and with dignity. The level of abuse he received from the crowd did not show our fans up at all well, belying our claims to be amongst the best fans in the country.

I know players like Vass and Samaras were well short of the quality we needed at the time, but it was still pretty shameful the grief and personal abuse they received game after game from our 'supporters'.

Anyway - I digress. I hope Vass sorts something out for himself, if not at his current club then back here in the Premier League - he's better than a lot of the strikers you see at places like Hull and Portsmouth, and his pace could be a valuable asset which would give one of those clubs another dimension to their attacking play.

UweGoater said:
notts county here he comes....

A Vass and Benjani super-strikeforce pulling up trees in a League 2 dream ticket!

Sven. Backe. Grip. Schmeichel. Vass. Benjani. It would be like City 2007/08 all over again.

Nery Castillo to be January's major marquee signing for Notts County - and he's paying the transfer fee - you heard it here first!

C'mon Hughes Sign him up!!!

Vass and ade would terrify the league.

and who said footballers are thick:

if my job didnt pay for a room in a hotel and i had the money he has and was getting fucked out onto the street in the middle of the night i'd jus say here's cash let me stay and call my job in the morning

I have a lot of time for Vassell, not a great player and once he lost his pace, even less so, but he always gave everything he had and it's ashame he is having these kind of issues.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.vassell.net/Darius/Welcome.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.vassell.net/Darius/Welcome.html</a>

That's his new website. Unlike most footballers, he actually writes it himself without the aid of some PR company. The admin@vassell.net email address is actually his email, and you can have a chat with him if you like.
I emailed him a few weeks ago when the site got up and running, and he emailed me back within a few hours and was a really polite, genuine guy.

He also posts his own news updates on there and was nice enough to write good things about the hotel that has just kicked him out. A classy guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.