Darlington v York City on Sat any other City fans going?

CITY FOR LIFE

Controling the Ticker Tape from EL 3 Block 308 on
We all know the story behind Darlington this week being hours away from folding, yesterday they got over 5000 instead of the normal 1500.

Next week they play at home to York City who are only 35miles away and will bring a good 2/3000 me and the lad are going in our City Tops to put a bit of cash into the club and show that fans of the bigger clubs care for their future.

Any other Blues thinking of going that live round that way? I know lots travel down the A1 every week with the likes of me and my 3. Would be good if a few other City fans were going to all meet up.

Yeah I was thinking the same mate, I don't live too far away and what with it being FA cup weekend I am gonna go Darlington instead. Never nice to see a football club go out of business.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
That is great yesterday that 5000 went, heard the game was a late kick off due to numbers.....
as much as I want them to survive (and Northwich Vics too) I can't help but ask ''where are these 5000 every game''?

Good on Blues turning up :)

I heard one guy on the radio yesterday saying how small clubs like Darlington are essential to the grassroots of english football and they play a big part within the heart of the local community. He then went on to say how it was his 1st game this season. Supporters need to go week in week out, not just turn up when they feel like it. Fair play to the 5,000 that went but it may just be too little too late.

I can see why people stay away though, the tickets are too expensive for the quality of football you are seeing. £15-£20 is ridiculous for a non league team. City tickets aren't much more than that for some games.

I might be a bit controversial here but i cannot see the point in Darlo carrying on as they are. It was all doomed to fail the minute they moved to the new stadium. It's simple economics, if you are making £10,000 a week then live within that budget, they did not. Why should the chairman keep paying out of his own pocket to keep the club afloat? It had to stop somewhere. Years and years of mis management have led to this.

Also, how can they manage to get 5000 plus through the doors when they are in this situation but usually only get 2000. the people of Darlo have hardly supported the club in the last few years have they so why should the rest of the football community.

i reffed them earlier on this season and was talking to a Spanish defender after the game. I think he was called Jonathan Sanchez-Munoz. Had been bought from Malaga in August and told me he had received a good signing on fee as well as the club were paying for the rent of the house he was stopping in. Now i'm sure someone had some inkling that they were deep in the shit 4 months ago so why do this? In a week or so they will need another injection of £50,000 to keep going for another fortnight. Unbeliveable.

richardtheref said:
I might be a bit controversial here but i cannot see the point in Darlo carrying on as they are. It was all doomed to fail the minute they moved to the new stadium. It's simple economics, if you are making £10,000 a week then live within that budget, they did not. Why should the chairman keep paying out of his own pocket to keep the club afloat? It had to stop somewhere. Years and years of mis management have led to this.

Also, how can they manage to get 5000 plus through the doors when they are in this situation but usually only get 2000. the people of Darlo have hardly supported the club in the last few years have they so why should the rest of the football community.

i reffed them earlier on this season and was talking to a Spanish defender after the game. I think he was called Jonathan Sanchez-Munoz. Had been bought from Malaga in August and told me he had received a good signing on fee as well as the club were paying for the rent of the house he was stopping in. Now i'm sure someone had some inkling that they were deep in the shit 4 months ago so why do this? In a week or so they will need another injection of £50,000 to keep going for another fortnight. Unbeliveable.

off topic but have you put your input into That other popular thread?? id love to know your oppinions of the two incidents yesterday, being a ref...

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Armitage said:
Yes - The Catterick & Darlington branch of the MCFC Supporters Club will be making an appearance.
How many Blues have you got around you area, there are 4 of us in Thirsk that go to the games, I know there are a few around this area that are Blues as well a fair few in York.

The membership numbers currently stand at over 30, with over 40 on the facebook group.

We did a minibus to the Sunderland game, and we are currently looking at the feasability of doing a minibus for the home games. There are 7 of us who go from Catterick every home game.

PM me if you'd like any more info

blingy said:
richardtheref said:

off topic but have you put your input into That other popular thread?? id love to know your oppinions of the two incidents yesterday, being a ref...
blingy i think that the Lescott one was a definite red. Would also tend to think Mario's was as well but this was not as clear. However, think HW maybe did not see the Lescott one as there was a crowd of players around the incident concerned. HW though does appear to have a good view of the Mario incident and didn't give anything. Interestingly, none of the SKY experts picked up on the "stamp" until the 3rd replay was shown. I would be very surprised if anything happens to Mario because of the view HW had. This would be the FA admitting there top ref cannot see a stamp from 6 yards away. Think Lescott could be looking at a 3 match ban for violent conduct.

The other thing is that the FA have 48 hours to charge them i believe. If they do not do so until tomorrow i think we can appeal both and they will be ok to play against Liverpool on Wednesday, with the risk an extra game could be tagged on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.