Dave Watson's bullet header v Ipswich, April 1977

petrusha said:
disley blue boy said:
just noticed ged keegan playing in this game,almost forgotten about him

Yes. Details here: http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3200 in the new Blue Moon history section.

Dennis Tueart must have been injured because the starting line-up was

TJ Corrigan
KH Clements
W Donachie
TA Booth
DV Watson
GA Keegan
PS Barnes
B Kidd
J Royle
RA Hartford
GA Owen

with sub Tony Henry coming on for Owen.
thanks , i seem to remember somthing about tueart missing this important game,and everyone being a bit worried about it,also i,m sure this was the same day red rum won his third grand national ,as those who had a flutter were celabrating at half time.

Yes I remember that well sat in the north stand with my grandad,block p row 6 seat 51, red rum won the grand natniol that day aswell if I remember.we finished runners up to Liverpool,the boxing day game that season ended 1-1 watsons own goal may of cost us the league,it was an evening game and the pitch looked rock hard with frost,I was only 13 myself then,use to travel on A coach then with Helen to away games,and bob Yates my granddads mate.those were the days,we won the league for them aswell,they'll be happy in the blue heavens.

I was in North Stand that day,very important win at the time,Mick Mills was on the post if i remember,there was no way he was going to stop the ball !
Anyone remember Asa Hartfords header v Midd'boro around the same time,scored late for another 1-0 win ?

This game was a watershed for me.

I was talked into leaving early from that game by my mates to catch the 45 Special back to Cheadle. A lad jumped on the bus at the last minute to announce that Dave Watson had scored a bullet header in the last minute. I was gutted as I could have stayed and still got the bus. Now 35 years later and well over a thousand more games under my belt, I've never left early no matter what! That was a lesson learnt.

Just before the end you can hear the old chant to the tune of "those were the days my friend"
canged to we're gonna win the league , were gonna win the league. we're gonna win the league......

Can't remember the sequence of matches cos it was such a long time ago but that season ended with a 1-0 win away at Coventry and we ended up as runners up (not joint winners).

I don't want to watch it as I've talked about that goal many times over the years and each time it gets a little bit further out.

Currently he met the ball just inside the circle on the half way line.

Don't want to replace the truth with the goal in my head and find out it was from about 10 yards out.

tidyman said:
I don't want to watch it as I've talked about that goal many times over the years and each time it gets a little bit further out.

Currently he met the ball just inside the circle on the half way line.

Don't want to replace the truth with the goal in my head and find out it was from about 10 yards out.

I must admit that i have always recalled it being on the corner of the box when DW headed it, im sticking to that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.