David Alaba

Alaba and Sane both in final year... Sane hasn't played for a year, Alaba in his prime. I'd say a straight swap is of equal value to both clubs
Alaba is not in his Prime. And was always a bit overrated anyway.

Best we find our own Davies

Reactions: nmc
Alaba is not in his Prime. And was always a bit overrated anyway.

Best we find our own Davies
Yup, judging by this thread, Alaba is one of the players living off past reputation. He's been the world's most promising LB for 2 seasons (2012-14), but then has visibly declined after series of knee injuries in 14/15 as far as I remember. As a fullback, I think he's only marginally better than current Mendy - though much more reliable.

Yup, judging by this thread, Alaba is one of the players living off past reputation. He's been the world's most promising LB for 2 seasons (2012-14), but then has visibly declined after series of knee injuries in 14/15 as far as I remember. As a fullback, I think he's only marginally better than current Mendy - though much more reliable.

He actually - like some others of our players - declined after the years with Pep - only to really shine again now with Flick. Ancelotti - but more Kovac - were using him as a normal fullback again - not taking advantage of his build up skills etc.

He really shines now as left center back even if he does not have the size you usually expect there. But he has the positional awareness, good speed, the build up qualities - and with his age and experience he added commanding qualities to it. Flick uses him again in many ways like Pep did - with additional responsibilities. Davies is a great young player - but Alaba helps him in a similar way Ribery has helped him.

As much as I know the contract talks between Alaba and Bayern are on hold right now as Zahavi - the agent that Alaba has comissioned for his contract talks - cannot oder does not want to travel to Munich because of Corona.

We should be all over Alaba right now. His position at Bayern is uncertain, 1 year left, was incredible under Pep and fixes any issues at LB and backs up Laporte.

Give him the full Pep treatment, tap him up, do whatever it takes.

We should be all over Alaba right now. His position at Bayern is uncertain, 1 year left, was incredible under Pep and fixes any issues at LB and backs up Laporte.

Give him the full Pep treatment, tap him up, do whatever it takes.

If only y'know, he wanted it. Don't think there's much we can do however perfect he seems.

Convince him! Obviously something is wrong because hes not re-signed with Bayern despute them trying for almost a year.
Bayern won't let him go I'm afraid. He's like a better Zinchenko, can play left back, defensive midfield, and also center back.

Though if Pep reel him in I'd be ecstatic, he would be perfect in a back 3 (LCB) as it perfectly suits all of his abilities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.