David Bernstein Interview & Book

Great listen mate and thanks, love this guy, it was a very sad day when he went for me, I’m not itk, call it just knowing the right person, who was in the right place at the right time when it came to the Fowler transfer, but David Bernstein was absolutely spot on with his stance re that signing, should never have happened as it did, Bernsteins suggestion was infinitely the best and only option .

Great listen mate and thanks, love this guy, it was a very sad day when he went for me, I’m not itk, call it just knowing the right person, who was in the right place at the right time when it came to the Fowler transfer, but David Bernstein was absolutely spot on with his stance re that signing, should never have happened as it did, Bernsteins suggestion was infinitely the best and only option .
Had you annoyed him in some way?

Interview with David on Price of Football

David has a book out We were ReallyThere about his time at City
A fascinating interview on Price of Football Podcast

Thanks for that. Puts some flesh on the bones that @Prestwich_Blue shares with us from time to time. The sort of guy you could talk to for hours, I think. PB, as well, of course :)

I gave up waiting for the interview when the 2nd ad appeared. Was there a 3rd/4th etc......

Interesting to read Keegan’s take on their falling out. TLDR he says the more cautious approach of Bernstein towards transfers would essentially lead to signing lesser players and battling relegation again down the road - and this did come to pass shortly after he left.

I always blamed Pearce for subsequent problems, whereas Keegan makes the case it was cutting corners in the transfer market towards the end of his time.

I come down on Bernstein’s side because of the financial situation at the time, but interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Great club servant during our bleakest & darkest years and set the foundations for our future success. Always comes across well, a genuine City fan and his blue heart was always in the right place .... ordered book and can't wait to read it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.