David Blaine. Remember him ?

Remember seeing him in the box in London when on way to work and all the tourists taking photos

gordondaviesmoustache said:
ob said:
Remember seeing him in the box in London when on way to work and all the tourists taking photos

I saw him there too. Talk about inviting ridicule.

His thing with Eamonn Holmes was quite amusing, but only because it was Eamonn Holmes.

That all reassured me, that despite all this countries problems, we can still spot a twat in a box when we see one...

Strangely I made a conscious decision to pick the ace of hearts before he said choose one that you see and at the climax of the trick he was holding the ace of hearts

When I chose a card I saw, no he didn't pick it<br /><br />-- Feb 16th, '12, 15:02 --<br /><br />Ah all the "record for being in a box for so many days and doing nothing" jokes

One that I heard last week was that after Andy Carroll scored for Liverpool, he lifted up his shirt to reveal a message that read "Free the Chilean miners"

2 step trick.

The first is go through the deck and as Toma says, stop for a little longer on a pre-prepared card. It's usually a face card though it can be done without. The preparation of the card makes this much easier than it looks, and with video editing (which is a constant in David Blaine's programs) and/or camera tricks they can enhance the effect.

The second part of the trick is the "card flick". This is classic misdirection. He flicks the card so that your eyes are busy watching that and with the other hand he flips the two sided card to reveal the same value as the pre-prepared card. It's a very quick flip and takes skill to do it but watch the position of his fingers in the hand that golds the card and you'll see what I mean.

I used to be a bit of a magic geek :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.