David Cameron

mark100267 said:
smudgedj said:
I'm not understanding this... you earn 48k your wife earns 0....why can she not claim the benefits for the children?

Child benefit is being stopped. She can't claim unemployment benefit becasue she's not looking for work and she has to stay at home to look after the kids.

Ah you changed what you wrote ;-)

mark100267 said:
My point is that the calcualtion should be based on household income not on a single wage. The average working wage in the UK is 25500 so a household with 2 people earning average wage wouldn't be affected. I don't think it was properly thought out.

Trouble is though, wherever you mark the cut-off line you'll always have people just either side that will claim it ain't fair.
If they made the limit £50k on household income, then 2 people on £25.5k each would miss out on child benefits, and 1 person on £49,000 wouldn't.
I would suggest the family with the lower paid jobs would probably "need" the extra income rather than the higher paid family, who can afford to have one at home all day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.