David Conn on Abu Dhabi and Human Rights

Guardian on Mansour/Abu Dhabi

Not sure if this is the right place but here it's an interesting read

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ccusations</a>

Re: Guardian on Monsour/Abu Dhabi

alberto0292 said:
Not sure if this is the right place but here it's an interesting read

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ccusations</a>
Is our owner French?

Prestwich_Blue said:
CelesteItis said:
Every human being should be concerned on human rights.

But what has it to do with MCFC? Have MCFC violated somebody's human rights?
There is a well-known City fan called (Sir) Howard Davies who was, among other things, Deputy Governor of the Bank of England. He came out with a famous quote that went something like "South American dictators used to herd people into football stadiums and torture them. Manchester City fans willingly pay to undergo that experience."

-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 pm --

Del_Bosque said:
Conn isn't keen on our owners there may be a more, historical reason for this.
This is nonsense. He's close to the owners and has had unrivalled access. They took him out to Abu Dhabi to interview key people. He thinks they're very good owners. That's why I think there is more to this article than meets the eye.

What do you mean ?

"more to this article than meets the eye".

Please explain.

80s Shorts said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
CelesteItis said:
Every human being should be concerned on human rights.

But what has it to do with MCFC? Have MCFC violated somebody's human rights?
There is a well-known City fan called (Sir) Howard Davies who was, among other things, Deputy Governor of the Bank of England. He came out with a famous quote that went something like "South American dictators used to herd people into football stadiums and torture them. Manchester City fans willingly pay to undergo that experience."

-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 pm --

Del_Bosque said:
Conn isn't keen on our owners there may be a more, historical reason for this.
This is nonsense. He's close to the owners and has had unrivalled access. They took him out to Abu Dhabi to interview key people. He thinks they're very good owners. That's why I think there is more to this article than meets the eye.

What do you mean ?

"more to this article than meets the eye".

Please explain.
Maybe the owners have kicked him off that gravy train and he has seen his arse?

Just mentioned after news at 10.

Something about 26 people being arrested.

Anybody any more info.

Bbc taking the moral high ground on human rights, wooooo the irony what about children's rights

I'm emailing Bradley Manning to ask him to write to the Guardian about the Glazers ownership of Man Utd.

The National Security Agency will read it before he does.

Decided to have a look at the story behind the story, if you will. So there are 94 people who have been arrested and who have close ties/links to the Muslim Brotherhood? I am far from qualified to pass comment, so I won't, however I saw this post in response to another in the Comments Section to the story being run on Al-Jazeera:

...more importantly, that the Muslim Brotherhood is persona non grata in the UAE as it's regarded as a misuse of Islam.

FYI:
"The detainees are formally charged with violating article 180 of the penal code which bans the formation of any political organisation, establishing an organisation that compromises state security and the principles on which the state is based on, as well as for having connections with foreign bodies to harm the political leadership".

"In a purge that began in the 1990s, Brotherhood members, particularly in the education sector, were given a choice of either renouncing the group, or finding jobs outside the Education Ministry and refraining from promoting the ideology"

You might want to re-read the article & pay close attention to the 'all have links to the Muslim Brotherhood' part. Maybe even do a little research via local papers. You might find your leap to assume it's all about 'fear of an 'Arab Spring' is not the whole story.

I don't know if that makes a difference to, or explains anything but thought I would put it out there for consumption and comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.