David Luiz

Very good footballer imo, has some fantastic attributes, but, he has that Rio Ferdinand thing about him where he gets too cocky for his own good trying to look good, seems to have gotten away with it up to now but someone like Tevez who`s tenacious and busy will give him nightmares, he`ll get caught out if he continues trying it and knowing our luck it will happen against the rags, someone like little penis.

He is simply amazing.

As many on here have already pointed out he and Kompany at centre half would have been the best centre back partnership in the world and that is a fact.

Awful mistake not to sign him.

Cos he hustles and bustles, talks to the sky when he scores and has a mop on his head, people are already anointing him as the next great player. Look past the gimmicks and he is a decent (but sometimes shaky looking) defender who plays with a lot of energy. Long way to go before hes among the elite CB's in the league.

Silvaslovechild said:
He is simply amazing.

As many on here have already pointed out he and Kompany at centre half would have been the best centre back partnership in the world and that is a fact.

It's not a mistake if he didn't want to come. To me it looks like he wanted to put football before money, hence going to a CL team.

Silvaslovechild said:
He is simply amazing.

Agreed. Those two would have formed a good partnership. Alternatively we have Lescott who has a turning circle of a HGV.

Stillsy said:
How did we miss this trick? I know we was linked with him heavily for a long time but just let him slip away.

Why do we spend money on filth like boateng and kolarov and then allow this beast to slip away to chelsea.... Him and Kompany would be simply unbeatable.

I can only agree with you ......

although i felt that Lescott was excellent both yesterday , and against Kiev , to be fair.

black mamba said:
Stillsy said:
How did we miss this trick? I know we was linked with him heavily for a long time but just let him slip away.

Why do we spend money on filth like boateng and kolarov and then allow this beast to slip away to chelsea.... Him and Kompany would be simply unbeatable.

I can only agree with you ......

although i felt that Lescott was excellent both yesterday , and against Kiev , to be fair.

I think lescott has been on form since kolos misdameanor.
Been really impressed with him lately

People like him cos yeah he is a class player and being only 23 he will get much better. But it's because he's a character as well. Some players you take to and some you don't. He's exciting, he could be sent off, give away a penalty or score a goal or do some scissor kick to keep the ball in play. No doubt he will probably cost Chelsea a few points but as showed he can pop up with important goals. Contrast him with Torres, who is miserable and sulking at everything despite getting his so called 'dream move' to Chelsea. Attitude can make or break a players relationship with fans.

As for where Luiz plays in the team, Ancelotti has said that he can play every position across the back four and Defensive MF. Ancelotti has also said that when Alex returns fully from injury he will probably move Luiz up to play alongside Essien to give him a freer role to make use of his defensive and attacking abilities.

We would not have got him because he wanted to go Chelsea only if he were to leave Benfica. He has been open and said that he was waiting for the move last summer but it didn't happen till January. Get used to this because even if we make Champions League it doesn't guarantee top players will join, look at Spurs. You have to be a proven regular like Chelsea and Man U. In the summer coming up Chelsea and Man City are going to try and sign Van Der Weil but I predict he will go to Chelsea.

Stillsy said:

'filth' !!! your filth !

Up against one of the premiership's slowest teams playing for a 0 -0, hardly the most taxing of opponents.

Our central defence have been excellent and its not the likes of Luiz that we need, its pace in attacking areas that the team is crying out for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.