David Phillips

Roger Ringpiece

On Sky Soccer Saturday doing Wales updates, there's a blast from the past I've not heard of for a good while.

Scored a cracker against Charlton when we got promoted. Fuck me, The Kippax was bursting that day!

A player who scored a lot of Goals from Midfield in a very short period of time at the Club. He barely gets a mention on here.

Scored a couple in the 5-1 rout of Charlton. Always remember Barry Davies virtually purring his name on the MOTD commentary.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:02 pm --<br /><br />Ooop, sorry Sky Blue, didn't see your post.

cheddar404 said:
He had a really powerful shot. Went to Coventry didn't he?

Yes and won the FA Cup with them in 87.
Phillips went to Cov and we got Perry Suckling.......

Always remember when we were in the 2nd Division in 84/85 and the weather crippled the fixtures one Saturday with only 4 games being played. City's under soil heating - not many grounds had them then - made sure the game against Carlisle went ahead. MOTD made a hasty journey to Maine Road and we were the main game (or the only game they showed!)
Phillips scored what I think became goal of the month - but we lost 3-1!!

Did he win "Goal of the Month" twice in one Season? - and reference my previous post it seems he is indeed forgotton, this thread looks unlikely to reach a second page.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.