David Pizarro

MCFC-Scott said:
BlueAnorak said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Great player, cool headed, good vision and passing ability. Too old, unfortunately.

Sadly, probably too old even to be a 15 min sub.

Not sure I understand this, he played 29 games for Fiorentina last season and he's the same age as Xavi and Pirlo.

And over 12 months younger than Lampard.

33/34 is nothing of concern if the player looks after himself and still has the passion.

If Gareth Barry is going to be sold then it would be a good option for us.

Ray78 said:
If Gareth Barry is going to be sold then it would be a good option for us.

This i was amazed he didn't stay before. dont think he is that old , as long as he is fit enough to be in the squad and doesnt cost a fortune in wages i would take him especially if gaz baz goes to spuds.

There is no comparison between Pizarro and Barry so don't understand why the loss of Barry makes a difference in pursuit of Pizarro. They are both midfield yes, but do totally different jobs.

He's too old for me - he wasn't here long enough to just settle straight back into the team and league unlike a current Prem player could.

With a wealth of young players running forward, you need a player with vision who can pick them out, and he could be an affordable option.

I liked this guy his vision was tremendous.

Was gutted when he lost the ball late on in a match and it cost us a goal!

Cant remember who it was against was it Arsenal?

Always liked the way the guy played, and I think even elite teams (even teams shooting for "two world class players at each position") may need at least one or two of the type of players who have the mindset to be squad players, not to mention having experience and a good relationship with the boss (a player-coach/assistant type if you will). He won't play much if he comes, but when he is on the pitch he will play some pretty passes on through to our attacking players.

He's far from a "sexy" signing, but he just might fit into our puzzle quite nicely what with the attributes he does possess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.