David Pleat auctions shoes that danced upon Maine Road...

Phuk Tifano

One of the worst days of my life. This snippet from today's Daily Mail has brought it all back :-(

The slip-on brogues worn by David Pleat when he famously ran on to the pitch after his Luton side won at Manchester City in 1983 to survive in the top flight, have been bought for £4,000. The shoes, which have been in the loft in the Pleat household ever since, were auctioned in aid of Luton's youth development at a function celebrating the 125th anniversary of the club, who enjoyed their best days under Pleat.

it still hurts to think back to my 13 year old self in '83....

....but at least our best days were not under the management of David Pleat

Blue-Eyes said:
He's selling them again? Bloody hell, how many pairs has he got?

He's probably got a little cottage industry going up there in his attic. Buys hundreds of pairs of cheapo plastic shoes, scuffs them up a bit, sticks on a bit of dried grass with Pritt Stick, and job's a good 'un!

I wish you hadn't posted this ! As another poster said it was the worst day of my life. Oh sure there were relegations after this and some would say worse moments but not for me. I was 25 and had never thought City could ever be relegated. I can still see Pleat dancing on my pitch. It started a long painful decline.

Phuk Tifano said:
Blue-Eyes said:
He's selling them again? Bloody hell, how many pairs has he got?

He's probably got a little cottage industry going up there in his attic. Buys hundreds of pairs of cheapo plastic shoes, scuffs them up a bit, sticks on a bit of dried grass with Pritt Stick, and job's a good 'un!
I was being facetious - there were a couple of threads about this about 2-3 weeks ago!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.