David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I criticise him so its only fair to come on and laud him after an utterly fantastic performance yesterday.

Disciplined and for the side, exactly the sort of performance Pep wants from all his players.

Agree, he was excellent playing in the 8 alongside Kev. Weird that it's taken Pep so long to go back to that formation considering how successful it was at the start of the season.

It demands a lot of the two wingers and Kun though because you lose some of Kev's goalscoring danger when he's deeper.

I've not been as 'hot' on Silva's recent performances as others have. For me he's continued to be inconsistent and gone from being class to being anonymous from week to week. But hopefully Saturday was a return to a position where he feels he can contribute in against any opposition and more consistently than when he's switching between left sided attack and number 10.

Agree. With Kev and Silva playing closer to Yaya it really felt at times like watching the old Toure/Nasri one twos.

Glorious it was,

Kev was also in the mix from time to time, quality and intelligence over athleticism. Everyday and twice on Sunday. The spurs mid field was nonexistent.

I would not won't to see any variation of the midfield 3. Really gets the best of all the players.
Just need that quality and intelligence all over the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.