David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not ever underestimate how good this player is and how he transformed us. Simply the greatest player to wear a MCFC shirt in my humble opinion.

Is it just me or does he look to score more when playing for Spain?
37 in 213 PL appearances for us I believe ad against 29 in 110 for Spain. So yes he does score more for Spain. That goal tonight was a peach but for us he'd have taken a touch, stopped, taken a couple of touches back away from the goal line to give himself some space and then passed it back towards whoever was in the centre. Why does he do that for us yet has the confidence to go for a first time, tricky shot that Aguero would have been proud of for Spain?

37 in 213 PL appearances for us I believe ad against 29 in 110 for Spain. So yes he does score more for Spain. That goal tonight was a peach but for us he'd have taken a touch, stopped, taken a couple of touches back away from the goal line to give himself some space and then passed it back towards whoever was in the centre. Why does he do that for us yet has the confidence to go for a first time, tricky shot that Aguero would have been proud of for Spain?
Agree 100% with that.

He has the audacity to score 5 & make 4 assists in his last 7 internationals as well. How dare he?
Some have to put a negative spin on everything don't they? It is what it is.
The extra 5% you'd wish every England player over the last 40 years would get by putting on the 3 lions shirt David does when he puts his Spain shirt on.
Enjoy him while it lasts.

It would be fitting for him to lift the FA Cup at Wembley this year.
I'd never wish ill on Zaba but yes that would be nice. The photos of lifting the Cup aloft would last forever & be a reminder of his impact on our club.

Because we have players with far better goal-scoring ability than him, whereas for Spain, Costa's performance is still rather inconsistent. Had David Villa's prime lasted for a few more years, some of the goals would probably have become assists.

It's not a confidence thing, but rather about knowing his own ability and that of his teammates and doing what he thinks is best for the team. Simple as that.

If you want to see a Silva with better shooting ability, then you're seven years too late. That version of him ceased to exist long ago but I enjoy the current version as much as the previous ones.

Could be to do with the fact that the Spanish are a much better international side than we are on a club level and they dominate the majority of their games. Amongst other things anyway.

He had the opportunity to grab a second but was classy enough to not steal Vitolo's goal. You'd have hated it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.