David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be so sure. This is pretty much Silva's Spain, Lopetegui has built the side around him to an extent and he's the first name on the team sheet. He's the main goalscorer as well.

That's something he's not had throughout his Spain career really, most of the time he was playing second fiddle to Xavi and Iniesta.

If I were him I'd be revelling in the bigger role for Spain and the chance to hunt down Xavi's appearance record.
Yeah, good point. Even so, I wonder how long he will keep going at international level.

Depends on a lot of things, I suppose - his role and status within the Spain team, how his body is holding up, his desire to spend time with his family without impacting on the day job, and many more. We will see.

I wouldn't be so sure. This is pretty much Silva's Spain, Lopetegui has built the side around him to an extent and he's the first name on the team sheet. He's the main goalscorer as well.

That's something he's not had throughout his Spain career really, most of the time he was playing second fiddle to Xavi and Iniesta.

If I were him I'd be revelling in the bigger role for Spain and the chance to hunt down Xavi's appearance record.
I see your point, perhaps depends on how the tournament goes. Win the world cup and there is no better time to retire into the sunset and then have the international breaks to spend with his young family and his friends. It all goes a bit pear shaped then he may have the fire in him to go for the euros.

LOVE that tattoo. Pic of Mateo with the words ‘never surrender’ written underneath it with a football. When I thought I couldn’t love him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.