David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isco was magnificent yesterday? He was as poor as everybody else - including Silva.

Watching the game yesterday I kept a real eye on Silva's movement, which was quite easy to do as Spain had the ball for the majority of the game in Russia's half of the field
Silva kept moving and trying to find space between the lines, but as soon as he moved into any space a Russian defender closed him down before any Spanish player had seen him. The real issue being that Spain were pedestrian and happy to go side to side retaining possession and ridiculously reluctant to try and play forward. Added to the fact that apart from Silva and Costa no Spanish runners were trying to break the Russian lines

I really like Isco as a player but yesterday he should have been hooked. He was playing in Neil MacNab mode moving the ball side to side with no penetration, looking all graceful with loads of time and space and a packed defence sat in front of him letting him have the ball

Silva's game is all on awareness of what's around him, picking quick first time passes and fast interchanges to break defences down . There was absolutely no movement at all from Spain which meant their own tactics nullified Silva and also yesterday, Costa
I completely agree. I thought Spain were abysmal yesterday. There was absolutely no pace on the ball, just endless side to side. Both Spain and Germany are suffering the lack of Pep effect. Spain deserved what they got. Nothing.

I completely agree. I thought Spain were abysmal yesterday. There was absolutely no pace on the ball, just endless side to side. Both Spain and Germany are suffering the lack of Pep effect. Spain deserved what they got. Nothing.

just glad merlin was off with no injuries so he can come back to us unscathed ready for pre season

Spain were terrible; Tiki-Taka at its worst; the antithesis of Pep-football. Simply keeping (or trying to keep) the ball with little attacking threat. Once the ball invariably turned over, no press to quickly win it back.

Boring, predictable football.

Thought it might be in English after all the news storied about Pep demanding everyone learn and speak it.
He has a passable grasp of English. I've seen a few interviews with him, and he can get his point across. Let's just say that his English is far better than my Spanish! He may have felt that in the informal setting of his time off that he felt more comfortable speaking Spanish.

He has a passable grasp of English. I've seen a few interviews with him, and he can get his point across. Let's just say that his English is far better than my Spanish! He may have felt that in the informal setting of his time off that he felt more comfortable speaking Spanish.
Yes he speaks english just fine,i reckon it's part of him keeping his distance from the media,who could blame him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.