David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The record we have when he plays though, isn't it worth the small risk of playing him? Apparently we heard the knock wasn't so bad, so why not play him, then send him off home for a few days rest and family time, back around Wednesday to prepare for Leicester?

I agree with you. If Sane wasn't hurt I'd say give him the day off, but we need his creativity. Bernardo may still be knocking the rust off his cleets....

Came to put a picture up showing David Silva's importance but I don't even have a clue on how to put a picture on here from my tablet.

Any way, Silva is our best player, makes things easier for everyone else and deserves way more appreciation and I'm gonna beat that drum until he gets it. When he doesn't play it exposes the deficiencies in other players games. He's like the old Point Guards in the NBA, making all the right plays and getting their teammates the spacing they need to maximise their own game.

Today had nothing to do with Silva. Just teammates being wasteful.

I actually think it exposed the deficiencies in other players games. When Silva plays, we score more and concede less because he operates the midfield with comfort and makes the right plays, allows double teaming to open up space for others to have more time to make the right play. It is not a coincidence that we have scored more than double the amount of goals per game since Silva's last competitive loss for City when he plays vs when he doesn't considering Silva himself is a poor finisher. It is all about his influence, he is like the ole fashioned Point Guard in Basketball, makes the game easier for everyone else.

Today had nothing to do with Silva. Just teammates being wasteful.
For the last 20 minutes yesterday Silva's ability to calm things down and control the pace of the game was exactly what we lacked when Burnley started to pressure us. Uncharacteristically we were conceding possession far too easily in that spell.

What has worried me the most throughout my life is how we can replace this guy. Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.