David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the other team have little of the ball you don't get turnovers.
You have them constantly. When we take the ball back within seconds, as is often the case, there is a much higher chance of scoring.
It happended plenty of times in this game as well but we couldn't capitalize.

You have them constantly. When we take the ball back within seconds, as is often the case, there is a much higher chance of scoring.
It happended plenty of times in this game as well but we couldn't capitalize.
Villa, Burnley and Tottenham are examples of games to back your point up. We created a shit load of chances from high turnovers in those games due to aggressive pressing.

(Just to clarify I'm only discussing the pressing and not Silva here)

We didn't need a high press yesterday. We had 72% possession. We didn't draw the game because of a failure on any player's part to press the ball. We had the ball!

Some of you do not understand the game.

We didn't create enough clear cut chances against a team that defended deep with a narrow 2 banks of 4 making City go wide.
Exactly. They put 2 narrow banks of 4 in front of us and invited us to pass...pass...pass...pass...pass. I thought they set themselves up and executed their limited game plan extremely well. We scored 2 goals. That should have been enough. Our attack was ok if not brilliant. Our defence as a team poor. 2 very soft goals thrown away.

We didn't need a high press yesterday. We had 72% possession. We didn't draw the game because of a failure on any player's part to press the ball. We had the ball!

We didn't create enough clear cut chances against a team that defended deep with a narrow 2 banks of 4 making City go wide.

Totally spot on

I thought we created enough to win the game we just didn't finish well enough or were a bit stiff , KDB's poster , the penalty decision and other moments in the game that through unforeseen circumstance went against us.

Certainly not at our clinical best for sure and they defended stoutly but we should have won this game.

The play in the lead up to their 90 minute equaliser was poor and KDB drifted into a position he should't have to ensure they had a decent chance to score in the 39th minute which they did.

I thought the Rodri sub was unnecessary and created an unnecessary sense of urgency a mistake from Pep that cost us as such but we still should have seen it home as Liverpool and most sides infact would have in the same situation.

If you want to look at how a side keeps a lead look at Wolves and learn from them.

Some will be happy with the squad tomorrow
It’s not a case of “being happy” mate, bar the odd complete wankstain on here, the vast majority hold Dave in legend status. Most seem to be of a similar opinion now that he should be on the bench in the majority of games, only starting when necessary due to injuries or big games on the horizon.

Personally, I just think that Bernie should be starting in the middle alongside Kev now, or Phil, with Dave as back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.