David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by silva_is_god21, 19 Jul 2019.

1. Fast Forward To The Past

Fast Forward To The Past

You have them constantly. When we take the ball back within seconds, as is often the case, there is a much higher chance of scoring.
    It happended plenty of times in this game as well but we couldn't capitalize.

2. citizen_maine

citizen_maine

Anti-Samson

3. mccity

mccity

Villa, Burnley and Tottenham are examples of games to back your point up. We created a shit load of chances from high turnovers in those games due to aggressive pressing.

(Just to clarify I'm only discussing the pressing and not Silva here)

4. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Exactly. They put 2 narrow banks of 4 in front of us and invited us to pass...pass...pass...pass...pass. I thought they set themselves up and executed their limited game plan extremely well. We scored 2 goals. That should have been enough. Our attack was ok if not brilliant. Our defence as a team poor. 2 very soft goals thrown away.

5. Pete Campbell

Pete Campbell

Totally spot on

6. DATOIA

DATOIA

Team supported:
    Manchester City FC
    Hahaha D:

I noticed same, but couldn't figure out correlation - between the baldness and productivity.

7. mancity1

mancity1

I thought we created enough to win the game we just didn't finish well enough or were a bit stiff , KDB's poster , the penalty decision and other moments in the game that through unforeseen circumstance went against us.

Certainly not at our clinical best for sure and they defended stoutly but we should have won this game.

The play in the lead up to their 90 minute equaliser was poor and KDB drifted into a position he should't have to ensure they had a decent chance to score in the 39th minute which they did.

I thought the Rodri sub was unnecessary and created an unnecessary sense of urgency a mistake from Pep that cost us as such but we still should have seen it home as Liverpool and most sides infact would have in the same situation.

If you want to look at how a side keeps a lead look at Wolves and learn from them.

8. Bluwhit

Bluwhit

Some will be happy with the squad tomorrow

9. karen7

karen7

How is he feeling? enjoying this season or a bit of a slog?

Pete Campbell likes this.
  10. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

It’s not a case of “being happy” mate, bar the odd complete wankstain on here, the vast majority hold Dave in legend status. Most seem to be of a similar opinion now that he should be on the bench in the majority of games, only starting when necessary due to injuries or big games on the horizon.

Personally, I just think that Bernie should be starting in the middle alongside Kev now, or Phil, with Dave as back up.