David Silva Central Role

sam-caddick said:
Just let Silva roam about, don't give him a set position.

+ 100%

Silva always has a killer pass up his sleeve.
It's then up to the players ahead of him to read the situation and find that space.
In literature you can read between the lines, in music there is space between the notes and in football there is a game to play without the ball at your feet.

Something like that anyway ;-)

GTJGWilding said:
bluethunder said:
GTJGWilding said:
Well, Silva plays as a forward for Spain and Jovetic tends to drop very deep to be involved in build-up play.

The key thing about Jovetic is that he is extremely versatile and can operate in numerous positions and systems. He has certainly tried to improve his striker instincts in the last few years but he was never a natural striker. In fact the first few times I saw him play it was more as a creative midfielder than a forward (but that was when he was still a teenager).

I see Jovetic as somewhere between Silva and Tevez. More a creator than Tevez but less a goalscorer, whilst less a creator than Silva but more a goalscorer.

for spain silva actually plays as a false winger. ive even seen him playing as a false 9 vs scotland. regardless where he starts on the pitch, he usually ends up cutting inside.

as for jovetic, he's no different to tevez, he's a center or left forward. okay he can play as the main striker or an attacking midfielder , but his best position and where he ought to play is behind the main striker.

I completely agree that Jovetic's best position will be behind the striker, but he will drop surprisingly deep for a 'forward' and he'll link the play from midfield to attack very nicely, as any great attacking midfielder would. I think he'll be better than Tevez was in the role behind the striker, but then I don't rate Tevez in that position quite as highly as a lot of people do. I preferred Tevez as the main striker as he was before we signed Aguero.

I felt we were slightly unbalanced last season when we played two of our strikers. I think that will be remedied with Jovetic in the same role Tevez played, the reason being that Jovetic will do more work deep with the midfielders in getting the ball into decent positions.

Back to Silva, I think we can reasonably hope that the new manager will bring about a new lease of life in some sections of the squad and this debate about getting Silva playing more centrally may be forgotten come September/October.

tevez was world class as a center forward.

bluethunder said:
GTJGWilding said:
bluethunder said:
for spain silva actually plays as a false winger. ive even seen him playing as a false 9 vs scotland. regardless where he starts on the pitch, he usually ends up cutting inside.

as for jovetic, he's no different to tevez, he's a center or left forward. okay he can play as the main striker or an attacking midfielder , but his best position and where he ought to play is behind the main striker.

I completely agree that Jovetic's best position will be behind the striker, but he will drop surprisingly deep for a 'forward' and he'll link the play from midfield to attack very nicely, as any great attacking midfielder would. I think he'll be better than Tevez was in the role behind the striker, but then I don't rate Tevez in that position quite as highly as a lot of people do. I preferred Tevez as the main striker as he was before we signed Aguero.

I felt we were slightly unbalanced last season when we played two of our strikers. I think that will be remedied with Jovetic in the same role Tevez played, the reason being that Jovetic will do more work deep with the midfielders in getting the ball into decent positions.

Back to Silva, I think we can reasonably hope that the new manager will bring about a new lease of life in some sections of the squad and this debate about getting Silva playing more centrally may be forgotten come September/October.

tevez was world class as a center forward.

I think we may have to simply agree to disagree on that. An outstanding centre forward when he's the main man for sure, but playing the role behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 I'd say he's very good at best but not consistently so. That's hardly a condemnation. Loath as I am to use the term, the Aguero of his first season at City could be considered 'world class'. Tevez will be forgotten swiftly if Kun gets back to that level.

GTJGWilding said:
MadchesterCity said:
O love Silva but Fabregas forme would be unbelievable signing as he can get goals aswell

Silva has more goals for Spain than Fabregas, in less games. No reason why he can't score more goals for us if we get him closer to the opposition goalmouth.
Bingo, for Spain, he doesn't have to drop so deep just to make the team look like they know how to play.

Hopefully Fernandinho + Yaya will mean that Silva will be able to exploit higher areas more often and make more off the ball runs.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
bondsman said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:

Fabregas better player IMO. Far more consistent.

He doesn't even get on the pitch consistently.

Because he's playing for a much more talented and deeper team. Despite playing fewer mns he still managed 11 goals and 11 assists in the league last year. While Silva managed just 4 goals and 8 assists. Silva as the #10 would be a waste. He doesn't score enough to play there. Jovetic makes much more sense. He will score 15-20 goals as the #10, if we stick him out wide he'll get 12-13. Silva as the #10 will maybe get 8 goals at most. So we'd lose 8-12 goals a year. Plus Jovetic is a very good target man and gives the club that option, which we will need when Aguero plays as the #9 because he's not a good target player. Silva can't do that.

Mr. Aguia said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
bondsman said:

Because he's playing for a much more talented and deeper team. Despite playing fewer mns he still managed 11 goals and 11 assists in the league last year. While Silva managed just 4 goals and 8 assists. Silva as the #10 would be a waste. He doesn't score enough to play there. Jovetic makes much more sense. He will score 15-20 goals as the #10, if we stick him out wide he'll get 12-13. Silva as the #10 will maybe get 8 goals at most. So we'd lose 8-12 goals a year. Plus Jovetic is a very good target man and gives the club that option, which we will need when Aguero plays as the #9 because he's not a good target player. Silva can't do that.

Mr. Aguia said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
bondsman said:

So you think we should stick Silva on the left/right wing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.