David Silva not recognised by PFA members - again

And Ozil in Madrid for 3 years and Mata in Valencia for a year but besides this a useful comparison.
It is useful but shouldn't be used on it's own because neither Ozil or Fabrigas control games like Silva can, they go missing in games and show up with an assist or a goal out of nowhere from what I see(especially Ozil), Silva's more than that and has been for a long time... people were quick to recognise Scoles' impact on the way the rags played but a City player would never be afforded that kind of deep thought by the looks of it.

Even some of our own fans overlook his worth to the team sometimes, as much as I want Sterling's season recognised I think Silva should get the City POTY, he would have had it already in my book.

Last edited:
I think sterling, just ahead of Silva, Dino has been a bit too inconsistent this year for me. that's just my opinion. next season will be a battle royals for that award, sterling sane Jesus hopefully stones

Agreed with your last sentence 100% , Stones is coming on leaps and bounds

For me player of the season would be between Aguero and Sterling followed by Silva.

If Sane had played to the same standard for the first half of the season as the second he would be the clear winner.

Kinda of get your point but I think it's only the last month he has not been at his best

and all the time sat out because of his stupidity, and the games where he got sent off because of his stupidity.

I think Dinho's been poor most of the season and started to make mistakes of the level of Barry at Southampton, I wouldn't offer him a new deal, we've seen his best.

It is useful but shouldn't be used on it's own because neither Ozil and Fabrigas control games like Silva can, they go missing in games and show up with an assist or a goal out of nowhere from what I see(especially Ozil), Silva's more than that and has been for a long time... people were quick to recognise Scoles' impact on the way the rags played but a City player would never be afforded that kind of deep thought by the looks of it.

Even some of our own fans overlook his worth to the team sometimes, as much as I want Sterling's season recognised I think Silva should get the City POTY, he would have had it already in my book.

I agree Silva contributes a lot more than Ozil to the team by dictating the way the team plays and it's a point 'I'm with stupid' was highlighting earlier.

The comparison was pointless because if we are comparing assists, which that stat only does, it's hardly a fair comparison if the other players have played half the period abroad.

I think Silva has had a decent season but the fact remains as it stands were the lowest scorers in the top four, assist wise he has had an average season compared to even players like Gylfi Siggurddsson and as contributed only two goals which is a poor return as generally he has been the furthest forward of the number '8's in Peps season. It would be the same reason I would not think KDB should be on the shortlist either. You are correct though he does contribute significantly to our overall play and this should be factored in also. He is an absolute legend unquestionably but we needed him to step up a bit more this year to be POTY. Only my opinion though.

Last edited:
I agree Silva contributes a lot more than Ozil to the team by dictating the way the team plays and it's a point 'I'm with stupid' was highlighting earlier.

The comparison was pointless because if we are comparing assists, which that stat only does, it's hardly a fair comparison if the other players have played half the period abroad.

I think Silva has had a decent season but the fact remains as it stands were the lowest scorers in the top four, assist wise he has had an average season compared to even players like Gylfi Siggurddsson and as contributed only two goals which is a poor return as generally he has been the furthest forward of the number '8's in Peps season. It would be the same reason I would not think KDB should be on the shortlist either. You are correct though he does contribute significantly to our overall play and this should be factored in also. He is an absolute legend unquestionably but we needed him to step up a bit more this year to be POTY. Only my opinion though.
I don't see anything wrong with any of your points there, the POTY should normally go to a player in the best performing team(and we can't argue that we are looking at the table, it could have been so different but we'll not get into that), especially since he's in a deeper role now and we'd be focusing on his dictation of the play for his team than assists or goals. For our POTY though I still think it's either him or Sterling and since Silva's never won it, I want him to have it before it's too late.

There is an inbuilt media bias against us and that seems to have fed into the wider scheme of things. Talksport talk about every team other than us - TalkArsenal one minute (Parlour's whining voice on a loop of endless cliches) and TalkChelsea (Cundy on his graveyard shift and his inability to realise he's not actually being paid by Chelsea) the next. That doesn't bother me, but whenever we have a poor result they're all over it. I used to listen all the time, but not for a while now. Whether anyone hates us because we have money, they can't deny the evidence of their own eyes. In a bad year, Sergio will score as many as Kane in a good year in around 12 fewer games some seasons.

I don't see anything wrong with any of your points there, the POTY should normally go to a player in the best performing team(and we can't argue that we are looking at the table, it could have been so different but we'll not get into that), especially since he's in a deeper role now and we'd be focusing on his dictation of the play for his team than assists or goals. For our POTY though I still think it's either him or Sterling and since Silva's never won it, I want him to have it before it's too late.

He deserves it unquestionably for his performances over the past 7 years. Do not get me wrong I idolise the guy but In addition to poor refereeing the seasons failures have been due to missed chances and players not stepping up when required.

This season has been a story of missed opportunities while rivals players like Alonso, Cahill, Alli (Swansea) score crucial goals to swing matches in our rivals favour. We have sadly been the opposite dominating games and not taking our chances. It shows the value of being able to finish as well as dictate a game and that's why I have to mark Silva and KDB down this year. 6 goals between them is not enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.