David Silva signs one year contract extension(p33)

On paper, a number 10, who became the epitome of a winger as playmaker, whilst playing as false 9 for the possibly best national team in Europe. He was also excellent in that role for us. This year he has reinvented himself as a central player (and one in a team without a real defensive midfilder). Bigger, stronger, and a real pest when closing down, capitalising on a tough streak he has always shown. A remarkable achievement for a 5'8 31 year old but nothing out of the ordinary for our David.

If we win the league and he keeps playing the way he is, I reckon he is in with a shout as our best player ever.
He's already our best player ever.

On paper, a number 10, who became the epitome of a winger as playmaker, whilst playing as false 9 for the possibly best national team in Europe. He was also excellent in that role for us. This year he has reinvented himself as a central player (and one in a team without a real defensive midfilder). Bigger, stronger, and a real pest when closing down, capitalising on a tough streak he has always shown. A remarkable achievement for a 5'8 31 year old but nothing out of the ordinary for our David.

If we win the league and he keeps playing the way he is, I reckon he is in with a shout as our best player ever.

Already is in my opinion.

By far the best player I’ve ever watched. What he does in tight spaces and his turning circle still amazes me. And we get to see this until summer of 2020 congratulations Merlin

He's the only player I have ever watched and not been able to work out what his next move might be. I'm anticipating that it's going to player A and he'll send it to Player B. I await the pass to player B and it's winging its way to C? I think he gets knocked so many times by opposition midfielders simply because they have been given the runaround all afternoon! it looks like he'll still be partnering KdB for a good few seasons yet!

The club that keeps on giving! Only ever saw the fag end of King Colin's reign so cant really grasp what he was like in his pomp, Spanish Dave though we can all comment on and in my view is the best I have seen as a pure footballer in our colours.

His pass to Dzeko for the 6th goal, against the rags, was one of my favourite ever moments in football.

What a player! He's a joy to watch. Despite all the talent we have in the squad, he's still arguably our best player.

I think the last 10 years have proved we don't have to worry about them, either.

On the other hand, Arsenal wanting Sterling...that's a concern. I'm sure he's desperate to play for Wenger.

I think you're ignoring the fact that Wenger could turn him into the next Walcott..

Great news on Silva. He really does make us tick, as last night showed again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.