David Silva

He has had a lot of detractors since he came but what a lot of people forgot was that his entire pre-season consisted of 36 minutes against Valencia

Completely agree , every time he got knocked off the ball he got back up and went for the ball time after time . Going forward we havent seen everything from him , but I know he has talent and i was impressed by him today as he is a truly quality player .

I can't decide who was MOTM between Kompany & NDJ, but Silva & Barry wern't too far behind IMO!! Silva showed today that given the time to adjust to a new country, language & the EPL, he could become a major force in the future for us!!

He made our goal today without even touching the ball! Terry (The Arsewipe) was dragged all over the place because he was trying to anticipate where Silva was going & that created the space for Tevez to score.

In the build-up to the goal, I knew Tevez was never going to pass to him & I suspect Silva knew it too, but Silva still played his part by creating the space & uncertainty in the Chelski defence.

Silva had a top game today and when he gets fully up to speed, the rest of the Prem better watch out!!!

Dribble said:
I can't decide who was MOTM between Kompany & NDJ, but Silva & Barry wern't too far behind IMO!! Silva showed today that given the time to adjust to a new country, language & the EPL, he could become a major force in the future for us!!

He made our goal today without even touching the ball! Terry (The Arsewipe) was dragged all over the place because he was trying to anticipate where Silva was going & that created the space for Tevez to score.

In the build-up to the goal, I knew Tevez was never going to pass to him & I suspect Silva knew it too, but Silva still played his part by creating the space & uncertainty in the Chelski defence.

Silva had a top game today and when he gets fully up to speed, the rest of the Prem better watch out!!!
Good post. Because it's almost exactly what I said. Plus I agree with the Kompany or NDJ for man of the match. If I had to choose one though It'd be... er... shit... erm... Kom... no, yes Kompany. Phew, that was tough. Almost too close to call. Feels unfair to choose only one.

Silva adds an attacking creativity that we did not have previously. He will be a big success for City IMO. Feel sorry for Adam Johnson as he has real competition to get in the team and he has played really well this season. Of course it is a squad game and this helps to prove we have real depth.

Silva's role in the Tevez goal today should not be underated. His movement is good and will get better along with his understanding of team mates as he plays more games.

Silva is the man Luis Aragonés, the former Spain manager, once described as having the "biggest balls" in the national team so I guess we don't need to worry about Silva's ability to deal with the physical side of the game or 'go missing'. Some of the quality of Silva's defensive play surprised me today and was interesting to see.

It just gets better and better. What a player!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.