David Silva

Champions2012! said:
I bet Del Boque is really regretting that decision of not taking Negredo and Navas now.

He probably isn't, but he'd be wrong. Navas would have have given them the width and speed that they so painfully lack. Negredo would have given them the burliness, the ability to impose himself physically, plus some considerable football intelligence, that I haven't seen from Costa, at least not in this tournament. I'm not saying that two players would have turned it round, but Spain's game has turned out to be stereotyped, the Chileans were totally on to it, and this has been a tournament too far. Like a lot of posters, I have a purely selfish reaction : Dave comes back early and has a decent rest for us, and didn't pick up any bad knocks. Great!

Costa scores lots of goals so people question how he can be shit. I seem to recall Samaras scoring lots of goals in Holland! Costa will suit the way Chelsea play not sure he would suit our style and I would much prefer the Beast. DB picked the wrong squad to start with and then the wrong team. Players like Alonso and Xavi need to retire from international football and let the younger players take over in a similar way that Cole and Terry already have done and Lampard and Shrek should. Anyway who cares Merlin can have a few weeks chilling now and come back fully refreshed...

skybluex said:
So good I submitted it twice!

That's right, mate. Don't hide your light under a bushel.

Thought Spain were totally lacklustre, including Dave. Of all our players, though, he is in greatest need of a rest. So forza Chile.

On that subject, the Chileans' performance of their national anthem was brilliant. So pumped up you'd think they had been invaded and were marching to war.

sir baconface said:
skybluex said:

Thought Spain were totally lacklustre, including Dave. Of all our players, though, he is in greatest need of a rest. So forza Chile.

On that subject, the Chileans' performance of their national anthem was brilliant. So pumped up you'd think they had been invaded and were marching to war.
Ever heard of the Incas?

They never forget mate :-)

Gutted for the lad, but as others have said, he's picked up no injuries and will get a good rest. Our best player last season for me - consistently good. Needs a break from all the kicks to let the body heal.

Has Jack Shit been back on to tell us how wrong we all are as proved by Silva's World Cup exit, from a competition he has already won?

Champions2012! said:
I bet Del Boque is really regretting that decision of not taking Negredo and Navas now.
And Gabi, and Llorente, and not playing Koke, and not playing JuanFran...

Two reasons they went out:

Changed their style to accomodate Costa who was coming back from injury anyway.

Made a sentimental call on an overated, ageing, lightweight Goalkeeper who had hardly played all season.

dronefromsector7g said:
sir baconface said:
skybluex said:

Ever heard of the Incas?

They never forget mate :-)
Especially since almost all of the Chile squad are native Chileans too.

feet up for the last group game i'm sure

then a good rest and onto retaining the title and having a crack at the champions league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.