De Bruyne Return and Foden

BlueAnorak

Now the great man has returned, does Pep drop Foden back out to the wing or does he change the City formation a bit to accommodate both In field - roughly what we saw in the last quarter vs Huddersfield.
I say the latter - We need Foden's goals - what you all think?
After all Foden has very much been our best player since the Villa debacle. Indeed he really looks to be delivering in an infield role and looks to be really enjoying his game at the moment.
Or does De Bruyne have to play in a slightly deeper role as per Gundogan?

Last edited:
His movement during the game made everyone(until Kev came on) look statuesque. I was was watching him closely and he was getting peeved every now and then when he didn't receive the ball.

My guess is he knows Kev is back and he doesn't want to be shunted all over the shop again. I think kdb Silva and foden should be our main 8's rotating.

I think Foden will play centrally more, but the versatility of Phil, KDB & Silva means they'll rotate throughout the game as they currently do.

It'll be like reimagining Silva, KDB, Bernardo & Gundog. We're just missing the Gundog bit imo.

I bow down to Pep’s genius and couldn’t criticise a man who has brought us so much joy. There are only 2 things I have particularly disagreed with the great man on (1) I thought he was wrong to get rid of Joe Hart, it took me until Ederson to realise how important that type of goalie is to our system (2) Phil is not a winger, and I don’t think I’ll be changing my mind on that one. But ultimately what Pep says goes (personally after Phil’s recent performance I think Kev might be asked to play slightly right of centre to accommodate Phil)

I think a team of

Ederson

Walker Dias Stones Ake/Gvardiol

Rodri

Kdb Foden

Bernardo Haaland Grealish/Doku

with John stepping in to support Rodri, would be pretty flipping magnificent

Edit sorry I forgot Julian but he could fit in pretty much anywhere in that front 5; yet another player whose positional opportunities have been improved by Lord Guardiola

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.