De Bruyne Return and Foden

.................Rodri............
............KDB.....Foden...
...Bernie...Haaland...Grealish

Depending on opposition we can rotate Grealish with Doku, Foden into Bernie position with Alvarez dropping in the hole.

Kev coming back gives us so much more options.

Keep the ginger prince wrapped in cotton wool!!!!
Given that the bank of 4 surrounding Halaand can effectively play in every position up front and we can resort to a try and tested false 9 when required, as well as adding Doku, i smell a good year lads.

Phil is the most natural successor for Gundo and David Silva. Not KDB. Kevin remain a mystery and a one in a generation player.

One that you can’t just buy or replace willy nilly.

That’ll be the great challenge of this team once he goes.

The below should have enough to challenge on all fronts. But most importantly to defend at least 2 of the three we got last season.
View attachment 103550
You’ve missed Rico

If twas me which tisint, I'd prefer Bernardo in the center battling alongside Rodri and feeding a fluid front 4.

In that case I'd prefer Foden and Doku wider because of their pace. But each should move in as the fullback becomes a winger.

I think KDB essentially as a second striker is his best position. Especially for when Haaland is back.

..............Ederson............
Walker Stones Dias Ake
........Rodri Bernardo.......
Foden ....................Doku
........KDB .....Alvarez......

Grealish to play half the time or more. Either in Doku's position or maybe even in Bernardo's Central position.

If twas me which tisint, I'd prefer Bernardo in the center battling alongside Rodri and feeding a fluid front 4.

In that case I'd prefer Foden and Doku wider because of their pace. But each should move in as the fullback becomes a winger.

I think KDB essentially as a second striker is his best position. Especially for when Haaland is back.

..............Ederson............
Walker Stones Dias Ake
........Rodri Bernardo.......
Foden ....................Doku
........KDB .....Alvarez......

Grealish to play half the time or more. Either in Doku's position or maybe even in Bernardo's Central position. :-)

Will Foden be the reason KDB has to leave eventually. Foden is the future of Man City and it feels like eventually kDB will after move on unfortunately.

Leave Foden where he is. He’s been around the block long enough now to know the ropes, for me he needs to be the first name on the team sheet and the others fit in around him. He is younger, faster and has the intelligence to be up there with KDB with his vision. He needs to hold his own place in the team and not be pivoted around the others.

Phil is the most natural successor for Gundo and David Silva. Not KDB. Kevin remain a mystery and a one in a generation player.

One that you can’t just buy or replace willy nilly.

That’ll be the great challenge of this team once he goes.

The below should have enough to challenge on all fronts. But most importantly to defend at least 2 of the three we got last season.
View attachment 103550
+ Gomez can cover in a few different positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.