De Bruyne's assist to Aguëro v Palace

KDBestplayerintheworld

Team supported
Belgium, RSC Anderlecht, City, Chelsea
I've been doubting to create a seperate thread for this one. Could've put it on the Palace post match thread but I think it's worth a seperate mention.

Has anyone else noticed how utterly brilliant De Bruyne's assist to Aguëro was against Palace?

When I first saw that goal I reckoned it was just a fine team goal. Yaya to De Bruyne, De Bruyne to Agüero, goal.

It was only in replay when I came to realize just how brilliant De Bruyne's pass to Agüero was. Where probably 99% of all other players would've tried to pass it in front of Agüero, just like the Argentinian was pointing out himself, he decided to pass it just behind Agüero.

So in the blink of an eye he anticipated the Palace defender to come sliding in with a desperate tackle and maybe clearing his cross if he'd do the natural thing and pass it in front of Sergio.

Instead he passes it just behind Sergio anticipating that the Palace defender will be likely to already have slid past that point by the time the ball gets there and Sergio, standing still, will have no problems picking up the ball behind him and tapping in.

To see this, calculate this and take a totally unnatural decision in the blink of an eye has once more convinced me of KDB's football genius.

Did you feel the same after seeing the goal a couple of times?

It was the intelligent pass to make - anything in front would have made the chance much harder. Silvas initial interception, Yaya's vision and KDB all made it a great team goal.

He's done this on several occasions now. His vision is utterly incredible and I know there is a whole lot more to come from him. Can't remember who we were playing but he dinked a little cross to the far post recently in a similar situation, and we scored, and it was the only option available. Home game about a month ago.

He's done this on several occasions now. His vision is utterly incredible and I know there is a whole lot more to come from him. Can't remember who we were playing but he dinked a little cross to the far post recently in a similar situation, and we scored, and it was the only option available. Home game about a month ago.
Can't remember the team but Kolarov scored it

Look, Kevin, yer can't come on here and keep telling us how fuckin' marvellous every touch yer had was! Get back to training! We've a semi comin' up!
Fair play, I'm obviously a big KDB fan, but still some of his vision and passing I find mind blowing. I also acknowledge his weaknesses tbf, just refuse to mention them ;-)

I still can't get over his headed "assist" for Aguero away at Watford. It didn't actually lead to a goal, but it's an incredible bit of skill regardless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.