De Jong A Changed Man?

cucumberman

No longer goes in strong. in fact, hardly ever goes in. thought Barry went in strong more than DJ did.

he did play a part in today's win though but personally i thought Blackpool today didnt fear our mid and was allowed free rein.

Was noticably a shadow of his usual self today which is perhaps understandable and hopefully just a one-off given recent circumstances.
Didnt help that he missed the extra centre-midielder alongside him to allow him to concentrate solely on shielding the back-line.

My worry is that Wenger will have also seen this today and will inevitably be asked about De Jong in the run up to next Sunday's game. And Wenger might just capitalise and make matters worse in order to ensure a repeat performance.

For about 70 minutes he was playing within himself. Which makes him useless. We basically conceded the midfield today and were fortunate to come away with the three points.

That said he started to get himself together in the last 15-20 minutes or so. I think he made a sliding tackle and won the ball and thought to himself "its not actually that bad". We need him playing without fear.

Think he just needs to gain his confidence back after recent media out bursts. A few games will hopefully mend this, but it does need to be sharpish. His bite in midfield is what drives us forward!

that, and the international lay-off.

tbh, i dont think he'll ever be the his old self again. this I fear.

It's understandable but he needs to regain the bite in his game pretty quickly as it's pointless playing him otherwise.
I'm sure we'll see him back to his usual self pretty soon.

he should feck off along with Ade, Barry, given, micah and bridge

OOps sorry just getting into the i hate my own team feeling that is rife

had to really, be anonymous and keep his head down, or they would have had him right away and we'd have gone down to 10, it will blow over, football doesn't stand still, there will be a fuss about summat else, in fact, the scandal over bribery of FIFA officials could be the biggest scandal football has ever known and Nige can just ease himself back, the others will just have to cover for him more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.