De Jong sees City as a 2 year project > for himself !

FFS you idiots, before you start booing him. He's basically saying he wants to play at a top club and its going to take city around 2 years before we become a top club, and he dosn't think that will effect his intenational career as he will only be 26 by then. And we have a good skeleton to the team we just need a bit of meat on it.

Well thats what i get anyway.

Two years eh?

That's hardly enough time to be able to read the small print on Danny Mills's contract!

Challenger1978 said:
FFS you idiots, before you start booing him. He's basically saying he wants to play at a top club and its going to take city around 2 years before we become a top club, and he dosn't think that will effect his intenational career as he will only be 26 by then. And we have a good skeleton to the team we just need a bit of meat on it.

Now I've read the full article I can see that as well. Just for the record does anybody know if he does have his own business dealing in second hand high performance cars? I'm sure I read that somewhere recently.

Th full article reads like it will take City 2 years to get to where we want to be. And he will be in his prime when we get there.

Challenger1978 said:

Which makes you wonder why the OP chose the particular quotes that he did & chose such an inflamatory title to his thread!

WUM?

bluemoon27 said:
lets see if he is still in the team when jonno comes back

When will that happen then? More sightings of a Dodo than there is of Johnson playing football. When he decides he can be arsed playing De Jong will probably be in retirement.

Different take son it elsewhere:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Jong-happy-earn-stripes-Manchester-City.html
Nigel de Jong believes both he and Manchester City will reach their peak in two years' time.

The 24-year-old midfielder joined the Eastlands club from Hamburg in January, one of a number of high-profile signings this season including Robinho, Shay Given and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The Holland international believes he is better served turning out every week for City than playing a supporting role at a bigger club.

He said: 'Everyone wants to play in a top team, but would you get a guarantees starting place?

'At City I play every week in the best league in Europe.

'I see this as a two-year project. Then I'll only be 26 years old, at the top of my abilities, and I could raise my profile for two seasons.'

De Jong insists he left Hamburg on good terms.

'The contact with the president and the technical director remained good,' he said. 'I left in an amicable way and that's how I wanted it - that way, I can always return if I don't succeed in England.

'That won't happen, by the way. I will make it - I'm convinced of that.'

The former Ajax midfielder believes young players cannot reach their full potential in Holland.

He said: 'Look who makes up the Oranje team now: guys like [Ryan] Babel, [Wesley] Sneijder and [Rafael] van der Vaart.

'They're all guys who people said left Ajax too soon.

'The Eredivisie is a good breeding ground, which you should leave around your 21st birthday to develop abroad.'

Even the scum are reporting it in a positive light:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2347460.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

when he mentioned the 2 year project thing he was obviously referring to City hitting their peak in that time as well.

So he's basically saying that he's happy to have moved away from Holland to progress and develop, he's been rewarded with a move to what he considers the best league in the world and he thinks in two years time both he and City will be a major player.

Can everyone stop being so paranoid please?

Quality artical

Its the song were after for him !!

"De jong, he wont be here for long ! he wont be here for long ! he wont be here for long ! De jong

(now weres that de jong song thread)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.