de jong signs (Merged)

BillyMC said:
MANCTRONIX said:
BillyMC said:
Is there a lot of weed being smoked by the punters on here tonight?

better believe it baby.

DE JONG KONG PHOOEY
NUMBER 1 SUPER GUY
DE JONG KONG PHOOEY
QUICKER THAN THE HUMAN EYE
HE GOT STYLE
HE GOT CLASS
AND A KNOB THAT JUST DON'T STOP...

got stuck after that.

You remind me of Marlon Brando in Apocolypse Now.....hang in there Im sending a medivac team in....

I love the smell of skunk in the morning.

Re: de jong

staffs_blue said:
Nigel de Jong joins City from Hamburg 21/01/2009 17:25

Manchester City Football Club are delighted to announce that the signing of Nigel de Jong from Hamburg SV for an undisclosed fee has been completed.

The 24-year-old Dutch midfielder with 29 international caps inked in a four-and-a-half year contract after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical earlier today.

De Jong, who played against City in the pre-season friendly at the HSV Nordbank Arena in July, joined Hamburg from Ajax in 2006 and was a team-mate of City’s summer signing Vincent Kompany.

Nigel becomes the Blues' second signing of the week following the arrival of Craig Bellamy, and along with the former Hammer, de Jong's squad number is yet to be confirmed.

Do you think we may be waiting for a couple of players to leave before we give them squad numbers?

celf said:
does anybody on here actually know much about this guy????????????

Yeah I do a bit. Solid defensive midfielder, doesn't create much but very hard to get past, goes up for free-kicks and corners as you'd expect. Distributes very well, strong in the air and will pair up beautifully with his old regular midfield team mate Kompany.

Only seen him play once in a live game once mind you, at the pre-season in Hamburg against City last summer, but he was rock-solid and I've watched him here on the tele a few times.

Overpriced yes, but it's the Jan window so it's a sellers market. But I think he's going to be a great signing. Let's face it we need to plug the centre of defence, stop leaking goals and start governing the midfield a little bit more, De Jong and Kompany fit the bill for me.

SWPISHOME said:
Never really seen this guy playing, but heard a lot about him.

The team is starting to take shape anyway.

Hart
Zabaleta
Dunne
Richards
Bridge
De Jong
Kompany
SWP
Ireland
Robinho
Bellamy.

Looks very good indeed, nice to get a few more.

WTF have you Dunne & Richards in at CH for? Vinnie & Nedum, Micah at RB and Zab in midfield.

Also Dunne is banned for 4 games.

Re: de jong

Brucie Bonus said:
robinho339 said:
de jong has today complete a four and a half year deal at manchester city for undisclosed fee

There's something almost sexual about his name, but I can't quite put my finger on it...it's on the tip of my tongue. It'll come to me.

It sounds like dong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.